Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any avid air gun shooters on the forum, I was gifted a Crosman Vantage NP with scope for my birthday last December, it's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Not "Airgunning" in the proper sense, but I have a gas powered airsoft 1911 that I plink/target shoot with. Upside is it's low powered (about 300 fps), so I can shoot indoors when it's cold out (like now), and with a good padded backstop I can reuse the ammo. Also it functions exactly like a real 1911, down to the blowback, locking slide, and disassembly.

WE1911 - Copy (Copy).png

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Do to living in an apartment I wish I could shoot mine more, They are a blast!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a Crossman Nitro Venom in .22 cal. (Nitro Venom (.22)) that I bought used a couple years ago. I put a UTG 4x AO scope on it and switched the trigger out for a CharlieDaTuna model (http://charliedatuna.com/GRT-III Trigger New.htp). Lots of fun to shoot and pretty darn accurate too. I'm not an avid airgunner, just re-discovering it after quite a few years of only shooting "real guns."

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I had an air gun modeled after the Beretta M9. I lent it to a friend who never returned it. Needless to say, we aren't still friends.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to try a 6 shooter type

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I shoot a break barrel 177, a pump 177, a Smith and Wesson 78g and a 79g.

Any are good for bunnies and tree rats.

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
Very few handguns emulating well known firearms have much accuracy, they sell mostly on looks.

The pump ups do have good accuracy, even Crossmans and particularly Benjamins.

I still wage war on the tree rats with my Benjamin Limited edition 392 I have had for 7 years now. I have to put a new kit into it, started leaking air yesterday. I quit keeping count about 4 years ago, and had 572 notches then (actually marks on a paper I kept in my closet). I think conservatively it has dispatched at least 900 of the little furry critters.

Reactions: chicharrones
1 - 12 of 12 Posts