Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all long timers at TA might remember my oldish Crosman 2260 .22 pellet rifle. It is the CO2 rifle below the break barrel rifle as seen in the photo. I put a laser on it for possum duty at night back then.

The mission of that pellet gun has changed as I've used it more for rats than possums. So, I'd like to introduce you to the slightly modified Crosman 2260 Rat Shooter.

A few weeks ago, I bobbed the barrel as seen below.

But, without a laser, I had no night shooting system. I really didn't like the laser for trying to shoot small targets as the distance from the bore affected the sight in range of the laser. So, I went with a light that allows me to use the factory issue aperture sight.

As of yesterday, the Crosman has been re-badged as the 2260 Nocturnal Rat Shooter. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you used in his mode yet?
I've fired it with the short barrel to confirm accuracy a couple weeks ago, but have not used it with the light yet since I just installed that set up yesterday. I did a lot of dry firing with the light on last night as I added trigger adjustment screws and shimmed the light vertically into the sight plane.

I haven't seen a rat in a few months, but they'll be back! :D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally forgot that I did shoot a rat in the garage back in November. But, I shot it with my Crosman 1377. It was hard to see the sights and it took two shots to kill it as my first shot was not a head shot, which is needed with that weaker air pistol.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I like the fact they are quite and do a good job on small game. Years back we used the co2 guns on barn rats with a hand held light. Like your setup better. We put peanut butter a couple inches inside a 1 1/2" pipe. When the rat sticks his head inside the pipe you can get into position to shoot without rat seeing you move. They can smell peanut butter from a distance.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Nice.:D I like the Crosman and Benjamin pneumatic and CO2 guns. Also the Chinese QB78 copies. You did a good job on yours.

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Chic you did a nice job on the barrel. Looks as if it should do the job. I just bought a Benjamin md 397 pump up .177 and installed a Williams peep. I have only shot paper so far.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did some night time "live firing" tonight. 25 shots, 5 on each bull, only from 9 yards. Standing on my own "hind legs" if you will.

Some photos after the CO2 was drained. On the left, a view through the rear aperture. On the right, a view down the side of the Nocturnal Rat Shooter to show how much light that little AAA LED Maglight throws.

Of course, the last photo is of the target with a few shanked shots thrown in for good measure. Hey, I was getting a chill. :D

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Your half way to a mare's leg pilgrim.

Reactions: chicharrones
1 - 12 of 12 Posts