Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,313 Posts

·
8,321 Posts
No that would be fifty shades of yellow for the Nato naval color chart not grey!!!!!!!!Just run away...run away.... in my best Monte Python scared of a rabbit voice.:p

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Demon-rats on the Isle on Man?
The first thing people learn when the arrive on our gorgeous little Island is that we natives are a superstitious bunch. The second thing they learn is that no-one in their right mind would ever say the word 'R-A-T'. The are known here as Long-Tails..

If you have ever seen the old BBC Top Gear series, Richard Hammond referred to we Manx people thus: "This is the place where the locals think "Th Wicker Man" was a documentary..". ;D

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Actually, I thought it was something new from PPG, Ditzler, Dupont, or Sherwin-Williams about their variety of gray paint colors.

·
Registered
17,041 Posts
The saying when I was in the Navy was "Haze gray and under way".

Speaking of the Isle of Man, how many bikers do we have who would join in this fun? "Fun" = wrecking at 170 mph!:

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
"Haze gray and underway, the smoking lamp is lit." This had particular meaning in the CG after we made a sizable marijuana seizure. ;)

Reactions: CWB

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Thanks, that's fun to watch, but I already have enough breaks/hardware from low speeds. I never had too much trouble over 90, but most of mine were 25 and under. I shredded out a front tire once @ 60, but stayed upright to the stop. I cannot imagine hitting the blacktop at 170 - what IS the survival rate, anyway ?

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
If you have ever seen the old BBC Top Gear series, Richard Hammond referred to we Manx people thus: "This is the place where the locals think "Th Wicker Man" was a documentary..". ;D
I understand completely.

'Deliverance' was filmed not too far from where I live.

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The saying when I was in the Navy was "Haze gray and under way".

Speaking of the Isle of Man, how many bikers do we have who would join in this fun? "Fun" = wrecking at 170 mph!:

Up to last year the total fatalities (since it began in 1909) was 260. ( two notable deaths actually occurred on the rider's Lap of Honour..!!). The worst single year for deaths was 2005 with 11 people killed.

It's not for the faint hearted. Curiously, year on year, the applications to race increase. The course is 37.75 miles. It starts and finishes at around 600ft and rises to over 1400ft. 217 bends/corners..!!

For reference, I live in the south in Castletown.

Manx Language 101: Balla = farm of, Beg = stream, Modha = dog. Ballasalla = Farm of the family called Sayle. Laxey = Laaxa (Old Norse) = Salmon River. And where I live (Castletown) is Balley Cashtal Beg = town by the castle and stream. Imagine having a 14th century castle (intact) 400m from your front door... I have..!!

Attachments

Reactions: CWB

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
There is no smoking lamp on navy vessels anymore; it went the way of the grog ration.

·
Registered
17,041 Posts
There is no smoking lamp on navy vessels anymore; it went the way of the grog ration.
Yeah, but now they've got women on board ships. :p

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Yeah, but now they've got women on board ships. :p
Politically correct response: And it's a good thing that the Navy has opened shipboard service to a huge group of resourceful, talented, and dynamic sailors who bring their best to the fleet.

BTDT response: Don't get me started.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'd like to end my days owning a MilSurp Phalanx.. ;);D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts