Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been months, and I'm woefully rusty, so I talked my way onto Ranchdog's nice range and blew a few.

The first five from The Old Man (My S&W Revolver) were nearly all lost, but it got better from then on. Thirty rounds, some +p, much better when I remembered how to squeeze him.
Maxine was high and right, so Ranchdog realigned the rear sight and that made her all better. Thirty rounds of Independence 115gr.
Evita was Evita and didn't need any help in twenty rounds. Oh, yes there was one FTExtract from the Independence 115gr load.

Ranchdog shot his 145 and his nephew, Rocky, blew a few magfuls through his 809. Mine was the only failure.

Like sex, you can catch up real quick. I ended up behaving pretty good and making real groups. I"m happy again.
Sure would lke to do all that again soon.

·
Registered
648 Posts
replied to wrong post. ooooops

·
Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
Great to hear! Did you let your Bay Gun Club membership expire? I heard they got shut down last fall, some guy's kid shot over the berm one too many times and hit near a boat on the bay or something. I left the club, am 70 miles from Port Lavaca now, near Sheridan/Hallettsville and I can shoot on my own land now. I was in that club since about 1986 I think. I sorta hated to let it go, but I can't get down there anymore except when we move the trailer down there for hunting season. Sure was good for free brass and lead, though. :D

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
Just like riding a horse. Once you get the feel things come together...Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
42,034 Posts
That sounds like a great day at the range!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Native Texan, I renewed last Nov. so I'm good again, but I haven't been down there since they reduced the hours.
Yes, I like shooting there. They have some neat toys to shoot at and I charge around and do tactical things when I'm alone.
They have improved the road in. (You remember how slick wet caliche gets?) The Porta-Potty ws returned last fall. It was a life-saver to me several times. I picked up brass by the pound as long as I could bend over but that finally got too hard and I gave up. I gave what I had to Ranchdog yesterday for letting me come play in his back yard. I got the minutes to the last meeting so BGC is still extant. Thanks for your interest. It must be nice to go plink on your own back yard. I could shoot down into the creek behind the house here but the neighbors would object.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Glad to hear you had such a good outing Bre, hope you have some more in the near future - and the same for myself for that matter! :)

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Congratulations!!!;)

·
Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
We were in Victoria yesterday. Wife wanted to go to a quilt show over at the Catholic church, the one behind the Methodist church off 463 loop. I went to "the armory" and picked up 500 small pistol primers and a can of bullseye and over to Victoria All Sports and picked up 500 number 10 percussion caps and 25 lbs of lead shot for casting. Darn, I missed the quilt show, shucks. :D I was going to smoke up the back yard with BP smoke today, but it's raining and the deer are at the feeder in the back as I type this. I have the feeder set at the edge of the woods in the back yard. I have another one way back in the woods, what I'll hunt this fall along with my place near Seadrift. Yes, THIS is much better than Port Lavaca....:D

Supposed to clear off this afternoon so I can play. :D Gotta go check the hog trap, too, out by the back fence. So far, I ain't caught a hog, but I have trapped two deer, actually, same one twice, a little buck. :rolleyes: There's a LOT of deer around here, hogs too, they just haven't found my trap, yet. I'm really getting used to this retirement gig at this point. :D

Oh, yeah, I forgot they cut back the hours on the range, bummer. I won't be back, though, haven't shot there since last summer.

·
Registered
701 Posts
How nice to do some plinking in one's own " back yard " and to have a good friend like Ranch Dog, Glad you had a good time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.