Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Aguila Super Extra 40 grain Solid Point in their TX22? How was the function and accuracy (group sizes) and how dirty or clean was it? Dunham's is having a Black Friday special on the 250 round box.
Tobacco Font Rectangle Ammunition Office supplies

·
Super Moderator
35,678 Posts
I don't have a TX22, but the stuff works in all my rimfires. It's not my fave in any of 'em, though. My Mk2 Ruger will shoot anything well enough it seems.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I saw this for the first time around here. I have shot centerfire Aguila but never seen this rim fire. I figured it would show up as two train loads of this stuff went missing not all long ago. lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
I forget what type of Aguila me and a buddy of mine used (he bought it) in our GSG Fireflys, but it would not run thru them at all. He gave me what he had left and I used it up in my Rossi RB22 bolt action. Haven't bought any since.
My goto 22LR ammo is Fiocchi, but haven't been able to find any the past year. Still have 1krnds and I'm hanging on to it. I used CCI the one time I shot my TX22, 100rnds without a problem.
Let us know how this Aguila works. I expect it'll be fine at 1255fps.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No problems with the Aguila in my TX22, used both the 40gr CPRN high velocity and the 40gr LRN standard velocity.
They also shoot great in my 10/22. I would rate the accuracy as on par with CCI.

Reactions: agksimon
1 - 10 of 10 Posts