Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an e-mail from Tom @ TK Custom stating that he now has full moon clips in stock for the 405 .40 S&W. They are a bit more robust than stock, and they are made of stainless steel. I think I will have to order some. If the price of $60 for ten clips is a little too steep, he did say he would sell them singly. Here is the link he included....

https://www.moonclips.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=208&cat=Taurus+40+S&W

·
32,496 Posts
I can see some reasoning behind the OP's first post. While expensive, if these work with the 405, moon clips short falling is that clips bend with ease and can be damaged with little effort.

With moon clips that are sturdier that is less likely to happen or happen at all.

Time will tell if these work well with most of the 405s. Each example of a gun is an entity unto itself.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks QD -- that was my rationel exactly. The factory clips bend really easily -- especially when removing spent cases. And, the cylinder won't rotate like it's supposed to if the clips are not perfectly flat. I would rather spend a little and get an accessory that is more robust and is going to last longer than the factory stuff. By the way, Tom said that you don't have to buy 10 if you don't want to. If you bought 5, that is $30, compared to $9 for the Taurus ones....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts