Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite aftermarket magazine for your PT1911?

·
Super Moderator
36,453 Posts
I have Chip's and like them a lot. I am also looking to get some Tripp Research mags as I hear they are tops!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I have Chips', Pro Mag and MecGar, all with no issues. I didn't save lots of $$ buying a PT1911 instead of a Kimber so I could spend the difference on pricey mags. :D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Chip McCormick are perhaps the most affordable, reliable mags available imo. Other than name recognition I don't see a reason for buying anything else.

·
Registered
36,474 Posts
What's your favorite aftermarket magazine for your PT1911?
well call me crazy, lucky or for dinner, but I got 6 different 1911's in 45 acp, thats 4 different manufactures!
they all run on all the magazines i got in the safe, Colt, Taurus, Para USA, Para ordinance, Wilson and Metalform.
I got one 1911 in 38 Super and it runs on the Taurus and the meatalform magazines, and when is say run i mean flawlessly virtually 100% of the time with all the mags.
the only mags that i have ever really had any problem out of in a 1911 was the pro mag!

Reactions: jtg452

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
1911 in 9mm? Metalform.

1911 in .45 ACP? Colt, ACT, Mec-Gar, and Wilson Combat. If you can locate them, the old Randall mags used to be a standard for competition.

·
Registered
36,474 Posts
What are you 9mm owners using?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I use Metalform and Taurus magazines in my Pt1911 in 9 mm Magnum!
both run flawlessly.

·
Registered
36,474 Posts
. If you can locate them, the old Randall mags used to be a standard for competition.
WOW!! talk about a flash from the past!-LOL
I had totally forgotten them!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Anyone try these out?
MAG-270 - Mag Fits Government 45 Seven Rounds Blue Steel Fits 1911 Other Colt Styles After Market

There was a review on them from a PT1911 user and said they worked great and for $6 can't really beat that for range use. I probably should have picked up 6 of them when they were in stock.
I bought a half dozen of those cheapies and they work just fine. I just bought some 8-round mags from Joe's 1911 Mag Mania! and they seem heavier. I'll try them Friday when I pick up my PT1911-AL and report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I PM'd Willboat this AM asking about his "Joe's Mags" and his response was:

I've used Joe's mags in my PT1911, Llama Max-I, and Kimber Ultra CDP II without a single failure. All of them lock in and release properly and feed as smoothly as much more expensive magazines. I wish he carried magazines for other calibers. I have no connection to this vendor other than being a satisfied customer.

Just wanted to update this thread for others to know about them. I'm going to try a few myself now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like Chip McCormick power 10. And just a bit of been there done that advice. Do NOT buy the cheapo 15 rd mags. Unless you just want to slap one in and show your buddies. Just dont try to show tham at the range or they may expect you to actually FIRE 15 rounds....

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I like the Chip McCormick mags because they are economical and great quality. I use them in my PT1911 SS and my Para LTC with all types of bullets (lead & jacketed). I just wish they made them for the Sig P220.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts