Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket guide rod for the Pt-111 pro? Would like to change it, don't trust the plastic one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
now I dont know if the is true or not but apperently you can take them to a machine shop and them make one for you. A guy on youtube was talking about it while making a video review of a 24/7 Pro gun he didnt care for the plastice guide rod eaither.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey

that guy on youtube was me. :)

I had my machine shop buddy took at it. He said would cost me about $70 to have one made. Not worth it for me.

That's a large part of the reason i'm going to the OSS model with a full metal rod among some other nice features.

I called Taurus back and asked when they would be releasing the new metal rods for the 24/7 and they acted like I had been huffing paint. Apparently the first guy i talked to at Taurus didnt know what he was talking about (or the last one didn't) because they'd never heard of plans to do that.

I'm pretty sure using a machined one would void the warranty if they actually found out you had done that.

On the up-side the replacement rods are only like $100 through Taurus. Make sure they send you the right one though. Look up your exact model on the website. They sent me 3 of the wrong type.

If anyone here knows a cheaper machine shop, that might be interested in working with us, i'm sure we could throw them some business.

·
Registered
116 Posts
merddyn2002 said:
hey

that guy on youtube was me. :)

I had my machine shop buddy took at it. He said would cost me about $70 to have one made. Not worth it for me.

That's a large part of the reason i'm going to the OSS model with a full metal rod among some other nice features.

I called Taurus back and asked when they would be releasing the new metal rods for the 24/7 and they acted like I had been huffing paint. Apparently the first guy i talked to at Taurus didnt know what he was talking about (or the last one didn't) because they'd never heard of plans to do that.

I'm pretty sure using a machined one would void the warranty if they actually found out you had done that.

On the up-side the replacement rods are only like $100 through Taurus. Make sure they send you the right one though. Look up your exact model on the website. They sent me 3 of the wrong type.

If anyone here knows a cheaper machine shop, that might be interested in working with us, i'm sure we could throw them some business.
Sup man I really enjoyed your video review.I saw the review before I bought my 24/7 it was the icing on the cake for me. So hows your 24/7 working out for you? and did you take your CHL class if so how was it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey man, thanks, I really enjoyed doing the videos. I just did a follow-up video this weekend and answered a lot of those questions. I get about 5 emails a week from folks who enjoyed the videos or had questions.

The new video is up at

In short, I really love it. I've had some problems with hollow points feeding, but I keep glazier rounds for self defense so it's no worry for me.

I'll be upgrading to the OSS when it comes out because I dig the new features.

I also address the guide rod issue in the video as well.

Disassembly was a real bitch for me to figure out. That's really why I did the videos. The guy behind the counter at the shop couldn't even do it.

Looking for other stuff to do videos on now :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
merddyn2002 said:
hey man, thanks, I really enjoyed doing the videos. I just did a follow-up video this weekend and answered a lot of those questions. I get about 5 emails a week from folks who enjoyed the videos or had questions.

The new video is up at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPz30RQXJ9g

In short, I really love it. I've had some problems with hollow points feeding, but I keep glazier rounds for self defense so it's no worry for me.

I'll be upgrading to the OSS when it comes out because I dig the new features.

I also address the guide rod issue in the video as well.

Disassembly was a real bitch for me to figure out. That's really why I did the videos. The guy behind the counter at the shop couldn't even do it.

Looking for other stuff to do videos on now :)
Hey bro just to let you know Heniei does make night site availble for the 24/7 also the 3 dot one. Here is the link if your interested http://www.heinie.com/cart/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts