Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sent mine in 4 months ago to get the trigger spring replaced. i had it for 2 months before it broke. i called to ask the progress of my gun and the person i spoke to said its waiting for parts. i asked how long would it be till the parts came in and he did not know.

i asked him if they could send me a replacement. they agreed so , but with the caveat that whatever happens first, the gun is repaired or a new gun sent out, that would be the how it will resolve. i said ok . they would not send the replacement to me, which fed law allows, but have to send it to a fll. my ffl charges $25 for transfer so i will have to eat that. no big deal. i rather have a gun back then wait for who knows how long .

i do have to give the CS guy on the phone kudos. he was very professional and understanding of the issue. if only Taurus part can get their act together . i will update when i get a gun back , whichever it is

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think my first move would be to look for a source for the part and forget about a taurus repair. That is a real nice thing about 1911's and AR's. you can just buy any part you need on line. There are other firearms manufacturers that have stellar repair services. 2 i have experience with are KelTec and Palmetto State Armory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my first move would be to look for a source for the part and forget about a taurus repair. That is a real nice thing about 1911's and AR's. you can just buy any part you need on line. There are other firearms manufacturers that have stellar repair services. 2 i have experience with are KelTec and Palmetto State Armory.
no source for the part other than Taurus. i know what the issue was as i took it apart. just a little trigger return spring. unless i got a lemon, i would be surprised if more are not broken. its just a torsion spring with one wind and really thin. if and when i ever get it back, i might just sell it .

i don't blame the folks in GA , but the people at Taurus in Brazil. they need to have the GA warehouse stocked with parts for repair.

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
And PT 92's for the most part.

To the OP's question, I would tell Taurus that they should reimburse the FFL fee. It's not your fault that they cannot run their business...LIKE a business.

The stupidity just astounds me. Why they don't drop ship replacement parts directly from Brazil is beyond me. The people working there are making a fraction of the cost us USA employees. The snag has to be their own middleman in Bainbridge...China ships things in a week to ten day receipt.

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
this has been a LONG RUNNING issue with Taurus, and one that causes a lot of hard feelings and regret with Taurus owners.
I know in my particular case the inability to obtain parts (either myself or Tauurs repair) along with the recall 24/7 settlement is the prime reason that i am mostly a Sig and CZ guy now for several years.
when i ahd to sent my brand new PT1911 back for a soft extractor and it took them 9 weeks because they didn't have a 1911 extractor in stock pretty well said it all for me.
setting-himself-on-fire.gif

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Got an email telling me that my replacement is on its way. So about 3 weeks after my call. i looked at the model number and it seems that they are sending me the new model with Glock sight cuts.

kinda curious when i get it if its still short throated like the first one. if its is its no big deal , a couple of turns with my reamer can't fix, but i hope they fixed the throat issue.

Eve though they are giving me a new gun, it just seems weird they could not fix a simple spring. even though it took a while, i am happy with the outcome,

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gun came in and it is indeed the new G3 with glock cuts. Did the paperwork and have to wait for it to get out jail. i did email the cost of the transfer to taurus. let see if i get my $25 back

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picked it up today from bg jail. looks like my old one except for the rear sight. still short throated that a couple of turns with my reamer fixed. probably head to the range tommorow to try it out

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last update. i sent in my request for reimbursement of my ffl, which was $25. got a call today from a lady at taurus offering me the option of waiting for a check , or a spare mag in its place. i chose the spare mag instead of cash.

So far the CS side of Taurus has been pretty good. They seem to be willing to make customers happy. if they could get the service dept to do repairs in a timely manner, then i would see no issue buying a Taurus. Even though i had to wait for a few months, i think it been resolved in a fair manner with a new gun and spare mag .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts