Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at finding a good over/under. So far in my price range i've found Spartan and Tri-Star. They both look pretty nice for the price ($450-$550). Anybody know other brands in this range, or has experience with Spartan or Tri-Star shot guns. Let me know, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
There is one sold at Academy, assembled (I'm told) in Katy, Texas, name starts with an "Iz", but I can never figure out how to say it, much less spell it. It's Turkish built and it offers 5 choke tubes, selective ejectors, and single selective trigger (I'd rather have double triggers, myself) for about $385. I've been weighing whether I wanted to buy one or not. I'd want it in 20 gauge. But, I talked myself out of it using logic (never a good thing to do). Everything I've heard about this shotgun, though, is positive. Check it out at Academy 'cause I think all the stores stock it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you could tell me the name it would be a great help. Thanks for the info you gave already Texan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out the Mossberg Silver Reserve. Every time I handle this under $500.00 O/U it blows me away.
The engraving is beautiful, And the price tag is even better!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I completely forgot about those mossbergs thanks for reminding me. Might buy one of those too.

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody, I think I've decieded on a mossberg silver reserve. Now I just need to decide to get a 12 or 20ga.

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
Well, per the thread below, I didn't buy that Turkish gun at Academy, fell for another side by side, Remington Spartan. I got it in 20, that's what I REALLY wanted. I already have 3 12s and an old 16 single and I didn't wanna put up with 12 gauge in a light, handy little shotgun. I've just been wanting a 20, though, and I'm glad I got it 'cause it patterns really well at 40 yards with the full choke tube. I can't hardly wait to swing on doves with it. ;D

I'll have to look up that Mossberg. Sounds like a nice shotgun. I've owned 2 of their pumps I like a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been seeing recent ads for a Stevens model 512 O/U that are thought provoking and CZ has some good looking O/U's too. I've handled Stoeger Condor Supremes at " Dick's " before and I think they're pretty decent O/U's for the price.

Praying for rain in MO !! !!

Take care, VinnyT

·
Registered
61 Posts
Speaking of Dick's Sporting Goods, that's where I got my Spartan 12 gauge O/U for $399. It even has a nicely engraved receiver. Great gun for busting clays, and it's built like a tank. Waited three months on a rain check for Dick's to get them in stock, they were running a Christmas sale back in November. I was also looking at Mossberg Silver Reserve, but I backed off because of all the folks reporting problems with firing pin breakage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts