Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a simple solution to removing the gold lettering from the slide of a pt1911? I would be just as happy with it there but unfortunately it is partially worn already.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Does anyone have a simple solution to removing the gold lettering from the slide of a pt1911? I would be just as happy with it there but unfortunately it is partially worn already.
That would depend on whether the slide is blue or stainless steel?
and understand this is my opinion based on some fact as having done thsi!
if stainless then I would just grab the acetone (fingernail polish remover) and a toothbrush and get at it.
now if its blue , taurus has a very soft blue finish and honestly I would just hi -light a color over it, if you don't want any color then do black.
you can use a number of different things like fingernail polish, paint,crayons, etc to do this.I am pretty sure there are 1 or more threads on hilighting the letters on a Pistol here somewhere.

Reactions: RichO

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I had a feeling iwould end up having to simply go over the letters with something. Ive done so on a few pistols (turning glock lettering white, etc...) it has the blued slide so I didnt want to do anything real abrasive. I just noticed where the gold had started wearing off the bluing looked good behind it and since some of the gold lettering had come off so easily if the rest would with minor persuasion and without ruining the rest of the finish.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 3 of 3 Posts