Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Novak Sights (3 dot aignment) are adjustable. There's nothing about it in my Owner's

Manual so I'm thinking they are non-adjustable. However, both front and rear sights have what looks to be Allen screws on the

tops of them. Can I adjust elevation on the rear sight by turning this screw clockwise for up and counterclockwise for down? Any

help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Crank. Kinda what I thought. Doesn't really matter 'cause it's super accurate and I'm gonna put some Trijicon Sights on her anyway. Thanks for the help, Bro!

· Registered
38,457 Posts
The stock sights on a Taurus PT 1911 are not adjustable for elevation, they are adjustable for windage however!
actually both the front and rear sight can be adjusted for windage.
pretty much any sight that is in a dovetail is adjustable for windage.
To adjust for elevation you would need to change the height of either the front or rear sight.
or of course you could replace the rear with an appropriate size adjsutable sight.
other things to consider in POI is the projectile weight, the projectile speed and the often overlooked "Shooter Error".
hope this helps.

· Registered
1 Posts
Olfarhors,
I was told that Taurus Novak sights are propiatory and standard adjustable sights wont fit without remachining the dovetail. Is that correct? Do you know of any drop in adjustable rear sights for the PT1911?

· Registered
38,457 Posts
Olfarhors,
I was told that Taurus Novak sights are propiatory and standard adjustable sights wont fit without remachining the dovetail. Is that correct? Do you know of any drop in adjustable rear sights for the PT1911?
I am fairly sure that Novak can produce a set of their adjustable sights with the taurus dovetail cut if you call them.
if not try Dawson Precision and see if they either do not have them already in stock or if not they will likely make you a set.
its easier to change the cut on the sight base than to mill the dovetails.
as taurus uses their own little cut on the dovetails it really doesn't matter what sight company that you use as long as they will cut for the taurus dovetail.
others may have better options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.