Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I put in a bore laser and found my sites to be way off the mark. The sites point left and low. I tried to loosen the rear site with no luck. Are these movable sites?
If not, should I force it, or just take it to a gun smith and have them adjust?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
If you loosen the set screw first, they are "drift adjustable" but it may require a brass punch and hammer. Mine did. I'm convinced that these guns aren't regulated for 115 gr ammo, and that is the cause of most of these shooting "low". With my 125 gr reloads it was pretty much dead on, and 147 gr shoot with a slight 6 o'clock hold.

You can also adjust the front sight left and right also if you have the dovetail front sight. They usually don't require a punch, and slide pretty easily, but you need the proper sized allen wrench, the size of which escapes me at the moment.

The laser sight is an approximation. They are OK left to right, but different ammo will shoot to different points vertically. A laser bore sight can't adjust for that.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You need 1.5 and 2mm allen wrenchs. The larger for the rear sight. There is some goop in there that is blocking the wrench, most likely. I dug around in there until I could get a good grip but I've seen that others heat it up a bit just a bit to soften the goop. Yes, use a soft punch once it's loosened and punch it in the direction you want the bullet to move, the rear in the same direction and the front the opposite direction. Tighten it pretty securely when you're ready to try it. I learned all that right here on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.