Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the proper technique to adjust a brand new laser sight? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What kind of laser sight are you referring to?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its some generic one i got on ebay. it has 4 allen screws for laser adjustment. What im wondering is there a certain distance I should set it to? Since its mostly a home defense purpose gun, I was thinking of adjusting it for a distance I would most likely be shooting it within the house.

Basically... It cost me 27 bucks, so it was a fun toy to play with at little expense.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I did one of those cheapy lasers, and I adjusted mine to POA at 30 ft. It would be easier with a gun vise, or some lockable stand to hold gun for you. It took just a few minutes of time, I did mine against a wall in the house, then later test fired it on my outside range, at about 7ft, 7 yards, and 10 yards. It was not that accurate as it mounted on the trigger guard of a PT111. But it took more time to select the right mounting pieces and make sure it was level and straight than to align it and test fire it.

·
Super Moderator
21,934 Posts
I practice a lot at the 7yrds range distance from my bedroom door to front door and 10 yrds the distance from my bedroom door to my daughters door I use hostage targets for my daughters shot I would hate to take that shot with a $27 laser . Its a tough shot and i would hate to the have the results hang on me forever. I'd use it for range use and see how it held up, It might work. use it along with your sights as a training tool.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine mounts on the pic. rail. Its accuracy will only be good to the distance where you aligned it to. Otherwise the closer you are the lower it should be and the further the higher it will go. Correct?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as far as accuracy Im thinking it will only be as good as its adjusted distance... and as good as I am while pulling trigger (grip and such). Other than that... the laser is just a pointing tool that is as straight as can be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts