Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all this talk of the .45 ACP version being on sale got me looking. Tonight I found them for $322 plus free shipping from The Gun Source, so I ordered one. They also don't charge the 3% CC fee like Bud's. I also found a new FFL that only charges $10 for transfers, so I will be in this for $332.81 when it's all said and done. If I absolutely hated this gun, I could not lose, but I do not expect that to be the case. I still haven't got to shoot the 2 9mm OSS pistols I got a couple of weeks ago. I need to hit the range!

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on the OSS 45 coming!!! I think yer slighly addicted and may need a OSS 12 step program soon!! lol

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, all this talk of the .45 ACP version being on sale got me looking. Tonight I found them for $322 plus free shipping from The Gun Source, so I ordered one. They also don't charge the 3% CC fee like Bud's. I also found a new FFL that only charges $10 for transfers, so I will be in this for $332.81 when it's all said and done. If I absolutely hated this gun, I could not lose, but I do not expect that to be the case. I still haven't got to shoot the 2 9mm OSS pistols I got a couple of weeks ago. I need to hit the range!
Congrats on your acquisition of two fine looking OSS pistols!

I can honestly say that I've shot with greater accuracy with my OSS .45 than any other handgun I've ever fired.

You are gonna' love them!

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
COngratulations on the new addition.

In my opinion, nothings better all around than a .45! :)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've got the .45 OSS that I bought about 6 months ago, it's stainless and looks just like yours above. Personally I like the all black better but gave the wife the decision and she thought the SS looked better. I guess it's good to have something different... Anyway you will enjoy them and make sure to get to the range before your free year of shipping is over, just in case you have one that needs some service. Grats on 3 new OSS's.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have the same 2 9MM OSS pistols you do.

I took the tan one to the indoor pistol range today for the first time and put 100rds. through it.

Liked the trigger and the pistol was accurate however I did have 5 ejection failures.

I hope this is just a break in issue. I'll reserve judgement until I put another 200 rds through it.

Enjoy your .45

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Bought a third new gun and haven't shot any of them yet?

That's God's way of saying you've got too much money...;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
At $322.00, they are the best Bang for your Buck on the market today. Wasn't looking to add another myself, but at that price it's hard to ignore. BTW, nice pair of pistols you have there.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought a third new gun and haven't shot any of them yet?

That's God's way of saying you've got too much money...;)
That's my range's way of saying I need to find a new place to shoot :) My local range has gotten super-busy from Christmas on. I've been 6 times in the past 2 weeks and left with a full range bag-could not get a firing lane :( I'm gonna start checking out some other places to shoot...

BTW, I should clarify-the pic is of my 2 9mm OSS guns that I recently got. My .45 is all blued and haven't gotten it yet. According to the gun source, it hasn't shipped, so the Friday dream is out.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At $322.00, they are the best Bang for your Buck on the market today. Wasn't looking to add another myself, but at that price it's hard to ignore. BTW, nice pair of pistols you have there.
You aren't kidding about the price. I wouldn't expect to find them used for that price. Incidentally, I don't know about the rest of you, but I never see these for sale used. I don't think people get rid of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts