Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was sitting in my recliner this morning, drinking my coffee, when the telephone rang. It was the manager of my gun shop and he had called to tell me he got a gun in yesterday evening, has a good price on it and he wanted to let me know in case I wanted it before he put it on his shelf.

He said the man who traded the gun in had bought the gun from him. He had taken it to the range one time and just didn't like the way it felt when he shot it. He said he only fired 6 shots out of the gun.They gun shop manager told me they gun is as a new, doesn't have a mark on it, and everything about it is perfect. It is a stainless ruger GP 100 with a 6" barrel in 357 magnum. He wanted $500 for it, I did not have one in that model, so yes, I bought it.

I am including a picture of the gun he sent that he took this morning.

This makes 6 guns he is holding for me at his shop, all are paid for and all I have to do is get down there to pick them up. With the virus threat I have not been out of the house especially to go to the gun shop which is in downtown Tampa. Sooner or later I will get down to pick them all up.

I guess I should be happy, this virus thing is saving me a lot of money. By not being out visiting other gun shops and pawn shops I have only bought half as many guns as I have been doing in the past few years.

In the mean time, I told him if anything else shows up call me.

Don

IMG_74161.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,773 Posts
"BangBang," aka "Don," aka "That rich uncle we all wish we had in the family." Nice score, Uncle Don. Most horse traders have to go to the coral to wheel and deal. You do it from the comfort of your recliner whilst sipping your favorite java. I'm kind of in awe of your skills.

·
Registered
24,498 Posts
Congrats on your new to you wheel gun. A fine acquisition for sure.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Super Moderator
35,533 Posts
That is a beauty of a revolver! At which point does he deliver? ;)

·
Super Moderator
34,947 Posts
Heavy, but very strong DA revolver by design. I had a Security Six and a SP101. Traded both of 'em off for other stuff I wanted. Kinda miss the SP101. All my big Rugers now are Blackhawks. I really like Blackhawks, a cowboy somewhere down inside, I suppose. :rofl:

·
Registered
993 Posts
A couple of guys in my club shoot GP100's though theirs are 4" barrel versions. I do like the 6" you have, it's very nice and those extra 2" will make a big difference to accuracy (who says size doesn't matter..!!). My Taurus M669 has a 6" barrel, I don't know that I'd be anywhere as near accurate with a shorter barrel.

Nice gun, enjoy.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Very nice find. A friend of mine bought one, he didn't like the trigger out of the box. I tried it, a little rough. I told him to dry fire it 100 times and if he didn't like it after that, I would buy it.
It's now an excellent SA trigger. He wouldn't sell it to me. :(

Congratulations Bang, I hope you enjoy it... someday.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Congrats on your new to you Ruger.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
That's a nice shiney lookin roscoe you got there. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Congrats that is a fine looking revolver.:cool:

·
21,940 Posts
Nice piece of steel you've got there! Better bring a wheelbarrow when you make it to that shop!

·
Administrator
17,589 Posts
Congratulations to You on the acquisition of your almost new Ruger GP100, and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

I do have a penchant for Ruger Revolvers, old and new, but currently I only have one in the form of an old 2.5 inch barreled Ruger Speed Six .38 Special.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts