Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My LGS just got this in and I had to have it. It just called to me. It is a Freedom Ordnance FX-9. A 9mm AR patterned pistol. I changed out the factory grip for one from Ergo, added Magpul MBUS and AFG and a Vortex Strikefire 2 for an optic. I haven't shot it yet but I should be out on the range tomorrow. I will definitely be posting a range report soon.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just curious but when it called, what did it say that made you want it?

And is that an umbrella hanging down behind the grip?

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Congrats on your new --um-- pistol.

Reactions: once0217

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
Big time cool factor! I think I need one.

Reactions: ICUKev and once0217

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Very nice...congrats! (don't try appendix carry :D )

Reactions: jwc007 and once0217

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Well technically it's a pistol. Lol. And I carry it in a custom hybrid shoulder rig. No it's not an umbrella, I couldnt find an mlok attachment for that.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've heard those things called "camera guns" since they're worn around the neck on a strap. If the stock folded like an MP-5K PDW a shoulder or thigh rig would be appropriate.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
9,094 Posts
Don't listen to the kidder's. You got a great PCC, and it looks great. Like the upgrades as well. When you give us the range review, I would be very interested in knowing the overall weight, and how well recoil is managed. Been thinking about adding another 9mm PCC to keep my M-version Sub 2K company. But it has to be under 5lbs.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Nice Pistol! I have the FX-9 Carbine from Freedom Ordnance and love it! It has a Lifetime warranty and FOs customer service is EXCELLENT! I had a couple of minor issues in the beginning, but they fixed it and had it back to me in 9 days. Since then Ive run 1000+ round down the tube with ZERO issues.

Reactions: once0217

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't listen to the kidder's. You got a great PCC, and it looks great. Like the upgrades as well. When you give us the range review, I would be very interested in knowing the overall weight, and how well recoil is managed. Been thinking about adding another 9mm PCC to keep my M-version Sub 2K company. But it has to be under 5lbs.
Haha. I know these guys kid. I'm working on the range report now. This firearm is sweet though. Sadly it is over 6 lbs. Mine weighed in right around 6lbs 10oz.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also have an FX-9 pistol. Love it. Takes Glock mags and works well with Magpul Glock mags. I put on a Sig Romeo5 red dot set up to co-witness with a set of aluminum back-up sights, a little (but very bright) CR123a flashlight, and a $5 knockoff angled foregrip from ebay that's actually quite nice.

When it was new it was picky about what ammo I fed it (failure to eject issues with some brands), but I contacted Freedom Ordnance and they had me ship the bolt in and I had it back in about a week.

It looks like they've changed the forearm. The new ones are more streamlined. Mine has a full rail top and bottom while I think the newer ones only have a rail on top and use M-LOK on all other sides.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

Here's how it looked when I got it; except instead of the 33 round mag it comes with, I have a Magpul GL-9 21 round mag inserted.
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put mine on the scale... It measures 6.076 pounds (6 pounds 1.2 oz) outfitted as it is without a magazine.

Part of the weight is the hefty bolt. It utilizes a blowback operation, so the bolt is beefy.

Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Rifle

·
Registered
969 Posts
I saw it for the first time in a review by Graham Baates. It performed flawlessly and he mostly used the 30 round fun sticks. A very functional PDW, IMO.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts