Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading and seeing the pictures stopped in at my gun shop and added the standard size grip. I knew some were using the Jr. but the standard fit well other than trimming. There was a slight part of the rear edge that did not form fit perfect but did like having the 2 finger fit rather than the one on the Jr.

thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
arkansasbowman said:
after reading and seeing the pictures stopped in at my gun shop and added the standard size grip. I knew some were using the Jr. but the standard fit well other than trimming. There was a slight part of the rear edge that did not form fit perfect but did like having the 2 finger fit rather than the one on the Jr.

thanks for the tip.
Can you post a pic???

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you had to trim it and it has a slack part at a rear edge, it does not sound like a great fit to me. I have installed the Hogue Handall Jr on 3 pistols: a Kahr CW9 (which needed it the most as the grip is too narrow for normal male hands), a PT111, and a PT145 (which does not really need it). No trimming and no slacky bits. One thing you don't appreciate until you install one is the palm swells on the sides which fill the hand much better. The single finger rest is all I wanted.

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
I had to trim part of the top-back on the Hogue slip-on grip I put on my 24/7 because of the 'hump' on the back of the pistol's grip - it made the slip-on lay funny and it bulged a bit....I trimmed it just enough for it to lay down. On my Mil Pro PT145, I am using a Pachmayr slip-on and it fits perfectly - it could be custom made for the gun, it fits so well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WildRice said:
If you had to trim it and it has a slack part at a rear edge, it does not sound like a great fit to me. I have installed the Hogue Handall Jr on 3 pistols: a Kahr CW9 (which needed it the most as the grip is too narrow for normal male hands), a PT111, and a PT145 (which does not really need it). No trimming and no slacky bits. One thing you don't appreciate until you install one is the palm swells on the sides which fill the hand much better. The single finger rest is all I wanted.
Perfect for my hand, might not fit like a glove on the gun but again only the bottom 1/8 rear does not shrink to the gun grip. My lower palm does not even seem to touch there. However the nice thing is for $8-9 I have no problem with trying the Jr. if this does not work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts