Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the above make of barrels? Just been offered one by a guy I know for my 10/22 for about $60.00 (that's 'mates rates' price). To be honest I've never heard of them so I can comment one way or the other. Haven't seen it yet, waiting for photos, but it's what he described as a 'heavy match barrel'.

Any info would be a great help.

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
The internets may be your best resource.

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
If it is a heavy match or bull barrel, it won't fit in the factory stock barrel channel.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is a heavy match or bull barrel, it won't fit in the factory stock barrel channel.
Fitting it isn't a problem, I have a stock with a two-way barrel channel -will take both factory spec and bull barrel. I know it's 18" and fluted. Did a Google search and just came up with offering from very dated forums. But I do believe Adams & Bennett is a Midway subsidiary.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Everything I've seen about them put them on par with the OEM barrels. I honestly wouldn't waste my money for little to no improvement.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Everything I've seen about them put them on par with the OEM barrels. I honestly wouldn't waste my money for little to no improvement.
Many years ago Midway offered a package with Fajin stock and A&B 16" heavy barrel for something like $89. or something in that range. It was a long time ago. I bought one and stuck in in the closet and 4 or 5 years later decided to install it. Fit well but did not use the stock until another build came along but instead I found a Ruger heavy barrel laminated stock for a few dollars and assembled same. It is an absolute tack driver. I did do a few other mods to rifle nothing spendy. Friend borrowed it one day and he was shooting less than dime sized groups with it at 50 yards and slightly larger (with no wind) at 100 yards. Nothing my shakey hands would do but he was very good with long guns. He wanted to buy it but I didn't want to sell. Still have it and still tiny groups. I believe that Green Mountain made the barrels for them and private labeled them A&B. Somewhere I have a note from Green Mtn saying so or it might have been from Midway, very long ago, like in the 70-80's time frame. Good luck and I would have no qualms buying another one at that price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Many years ago Midway offered a package with Fajin stock and A&B 16" heavy barrel for something like $89. or something in that range. It was a long time ago. I bought one and stuck in in the closet and 4 or 5 years later decided to install it. Fit well but did not use the stock until another build came along but instead I found a Ruger heavy barrel laminated stock for a few dollars and assembled same. It is an absolute tack driver. I did do a few other mods to rifle nothing spendy. Friend borrowed it one day and he was shooting less than dime sized groups with it at 50 yards and slightly larger (with no wind) at 100 yards. Nothing my shakey hands would do but he was very good with long guns. He wanted to buy it but I didn't want to sell. Still have it and still tiny groups. I believe that Green Mountain made the barrels for them and private labeled them A&B. Somewhere I have a note from Green Mtn saying so or it might have been from Midway, very long ago, like in the 70-80's time frame. Good luck and I would have no qualms buying another one at that price.
Forgot to post it was for and built on a Ruger 10/22

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a Adams & Bennett and a houge overmolded stock package price was around 90 dollars. That was about 20 years ago. It was a Tack Driver for sure but it was heavy. A definite upgrade from a factory 10-22 barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts