Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening on scanner to active shooter in a Chicago hospital. One shooter wounded apparently 6 injured.

·
Registered
17,401 Posts
Actually it sounds like just another day in Chicago.

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Isn't there an active shooter, somewhere in Chicago, everyday?
I think ya meant every HOUR!!

What if the shooter is a democrat?.....what are the chances???
This must be a rhetorical question. I mean, we are talking about chi-RAQ after all!!

My money was on it being a gang related hit on a surviving target!! OR, as has come out, early reports of a domestic with collateral damage!!

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Obviously they need bigger No Guns signs.
When things like this happen I would love the person doing the reporting go through exact steps of the event and name every gunlaw which failed. For example: Discharge of weapon in an in populated area; use of a firearm to commit a chrome; carriage of a firearm in a “Gun Free Zone”; Attempted murder; Conspiracy to commit murder and so on.

A nice discussion of how the current laws and restrictions ACTUALLY worked versus what difference they were “SUPPOSED” to work. Only When you start pulling out and highlight the specific failures of the system. Once they begin to identify the repetitive failure of the “Common Sense” gun laws they might start rethinking other options vs more bans, etc.

·
Registered
14,914 Posts
When things like this happen I would love the person doing the reporting go through exact steps of the event and name every gunlaw which failed. For example: Discharge of weapon in an in populated area; use of a firearm to commit a chrome; carriage of a firearm in a “Gun Free Zone”; Attempted murder; Conspiracy to commit murder and so on.

A nice discussion of how the current laws and restrictions ACTUALLY worked versus what difference they were “SUPPOSED” to work. Only When you start pulling out and highlight the specific failures of the system. Once they begin to identify the repetitive failure of the “Common Sense” gun laws they might start rethinking other options vs more bans, etc.
Oh they will talk about how the laws failed, and then will propose more gun laws that would supposedly do the trick next time.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Really could care less about a shooter in Chicago as I am following a story that is closer to home. Home invasion/robbery, 4 shot, 1 dead. This happened only 20 min from my house and one of those shot was a close school friend of our daughters, she has been to our house many times. The Dead was the young woman's boyfriend who's house it was.

Illinois can keep all the gun grabbing idiots they just elected. Let's pass more laws that will solve every thing. And let's not even bring up what US Rep Eric Swalwell spewed the other day.

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Wait a second! Doesn't this person KNOW it's illegal to have a gun in a HOSPITAL!!?? He's really going to be in trouble! Call Rahm Emmanuel immediately!
I'm calling him now as we need to enact stricter reading laws! That way evil people will be able to read those no gun signs! ;)

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
17,401 Posts
Once again I have the eerie feeling I stumbled into an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
Obviously they need bigger No Guns signs.
You probably said this in jest, but you've actually hit on the one new gun control law that would actually WORK. Now, before you count me a crazy, please read on.

If these "no gun" signs were actually the size of a 4x8 sheet of plywood, and placed OVER each entry door instead of beside the entry door, there would be no guns entering the building. I've been in search of the "magic" gun law that would actually prevent shootings just like this, and here you waltz in and present the one--the only one--that will actually solve the problem.

I challenge any of the "pro gun" crowd to explain how this law would not work, 100% of the time.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
You probably said this in jest, but you've actually hit on the one new gun control law that would actually WORK. Now, before you count me a crazy, please read on.

If these "no gun" signs were actually the size of a 4x8 sheet of plywood, and placed OVER each entry door instead of beside the entry door, there would be no guns entering the building. I've been in search of the "magic" gun law that would actually prevent shootings just like this, and here you waltz in and present the one--the only one--that will actually solve the problem.

I challenge any of the "pro gun" crowd to explain how this law would not work, 100% of the time.
Masked criminals rarely look up! :D

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS
1 - 20 of 25 Posts