Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one, even though I'm not impressed with Bud's anymore. Why not? Their credit card price is $20 more than the list price of a new one :(. I really don't like that. Bud's has CZ75b's that are more than list, too, and has CZ p01's for like a hundred bucks more than list. :( :( I'm not in the market for either, but I dislike that practice.

So why did I buy it? Because Bud's still has free shipping, so even at 20 bucks above list, the cost is still very good for a very in demand rifle. I bought the one with the scope because it has a slightly higher list, but was no more expensive than the other ones at Bud's. I would've done the cash price, but there's a good chance they might be gone by the time they'd get my check.

Anyway, $338 isn't too bad. Good luck to other potential carbine buyers.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
10 & 15 round mags in stock too at decent prices!

Too bad I just dropped $300 on a S&W 22a (love it) and $80 on Advantage Tactical Sights ( love them) for my 709. Running on empty...

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Mine is on the way.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
And it's now a VIP only item, screw buds and the horse they rode in on. I've done alot of business with them in the past and they did end up losing me as a customer after a fiasco with a CZ75 and acouple lowers I put on lay away before the panic...

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And it's now a VIP only item, screw buds and the horse they rode in on. I've done alot of business with them in the past and they did end up losing me as a customer after a fiasco with a CZ75 and acouple lowers I put on lay away before the panic...
Sorry for the bad experiences. If you're still in the market for a CZ, have you tried Damascus Gun Shop in Virginia? That's where I bought my CZ 75 BD Police, and I'm generally impressed with them, based on my one experience. Even in the depth of the panic, their prices on CZ75 B's were still below list even though nobody else had them. I'm impressed with that. Unfortunately, I haven't seen many of the more desirable CZ pistols in stock on their website for a couple of months, but you might try anyway, as sometimes they get stuff in and sell it so fast that they can't change the website inventory. Good luck.

Homepage - Damascus Gun Shop

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah I appreciate it Rossi, I did end up getting my CZ75 just they sold it as having nightsites and three mags and when I got it I only had two mags and standard sites, called and was told to jump in a lake but what ticked me off is I wrote a review of it on buds site and gave negative feedback and they edited my review and changed it to five stars. I made a long post about it awhile back on here actually, and it was after just coming off of putting three lowers on layaway and when they sold one of the lowers I had refused to give me another one because lowers were going for 299 at the time. Just between that and this whole VIP crap they do it's just one thing after another that really soured me to buds and I've prolly spent about 3 grand with them the last few years, pointed that out and spoke to some supervisor there and it didn't matter to them. I've also remembered anyone who jacked up prices during this panic and buds and cheaper then dirt are two I won't forget.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I don't think I'll be ordering from Bud's after this. They've done a couple things, even on this latest order, that bothered me. Weird, 'cuz 6 months ago I really sang their praises. Anyway, their prices on a lot of the more desirable stuff aren't as great as they used to be. They're not bad, but they used to be better than almost anyone elses. I can get stuff at some small gun shops around here for about the same price. And I'm supporting a small local business.

Wow, they edited your review to five stars! That sounds illegal...

But on a positive note, I'm hoping the Hi Point will be a fun rifle to shoot. I have one of their .380 pistols, and it's a hoot.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah I had a 995TS I got from a local store acouple years back, it was fun. Paid like 259 for it then. Prices have gone up on em but yeah it was one of those things I needed some cash for something else n sold it to a buddy. I've had a C9 and I actually really prefer the hi point carbines, I think if they did one in 10mm that would be really slick... wonder what kind of ballistics you can get out of a 16 inch barrel with some hot 10mm loads. But yeah I was one who always just went to buds and always linked to them... now I don't care if they had a great deal I'd prolly not bother with them. The big selling point for me was the layaway like I could get that 995TS and have three months to pay alittle here n there and get it and saved credit card fee's and interest. Now I think if I order online I'll just save and use plastic when I see something I really want with another company and just pay it off quickly. It really made me appreciate my local gun store more though...

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
...I think if they did one in 10mm that would be really slick... wonder what kind of ballistics you can get out of a 16 inch barrel with some hot 10mm loads. But yeah I was one who always just went to buds and always linked to them... now I don't care if they had a great deal I'd prolly not bother with them. The big selling point for me was the layaway like I could get that 995TS and have three months to pay alittle here n there and get it and saved credit card fee's and interest. Now I think if I order online I'll just save and use plastic when I see something I really want with another company and just pay it off quickly. It really made me appreciate my local gun store more though...
Check forum for other calibers posted
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/a...h-popular-calibers-357-40-45-10mm-me-10mm.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts