Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ace Case - 740 slim. Fond size, now with pictures!

EDIT 2: 5-14-2012:
I carried with the new Ace Case holster this weekend that was delivered this past Saturday (surprisingly fast shipping for being free!).

I have to say, I LOVE this case.

So far it's the best I've tried.

I've found that I personally prefer carrying with it in the small of my back and IWB.

I figured this was possible so I did the Ace Case two for $20 shipped deal they have and I got a right handed and a left handed tuckable IWB holster made for .380's since that is what Ace Case said would fit the 740.

It fits it like a glove and the materials are also nice and comfortable considering how cheap it was to buy.

Here's some pictures I took of them.

Ace_Case_1.JPG Ace_Case_2.JPG Ace_Case_3.JPG Ace_Case_4.JPG Ace_Case_5.JPG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just wanted to update that Ace Case replied to a message I sent yesterday with the following.

"The size we have listed for the Sigma, Keltecs and Kahrs will fit it."

That would be the size J. I hope this helps others as well.

------------------------------------------------

Hello all, new here...

I've been searching for hours to find a IWB holster option that seems like what I want.

I bought a Uncle Mike's and while it fit fine, I quickly realized that I want to have either an ambidextrous option or something like Ace Case has where it's two for $20 shipped and then I can just get a left and a right version.

I'm specifically looking at there IWB Tuckable holster and I cannot figure out which letter size to get. While the size S seems like it should fit, I found another post on here from someone that said it left about a half inch of wasted space and he wondered if he should of gotten the smaller J size.

I simply have not found anywhere if the J size will actually fit the 740 slim. As I discovered when trying different holsters at Academy Sports, the trigger guard is a big large on this gun and I want to make sure I don't waste my time and money if the J just won't fit the 740 at all.

With all that said, can anyone here who owns a Ace Case and a 740 or 709 Slim tell me which size will fit best?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
They have an 800 number, I'd give them a call and ask. Looking thru their site is confusing - it could be a size G, J, or M. Their dimension request of breach face to end of barrel length is 3-1/8 for the 740 - J is for 3-1/2" - M size says for Taurus Mil which is barely longer than the 740, albeit wider - G is for mini-Glocks - S size, I haven't a clue, but would suspect no. So best to call and let them say which is best.

You might want to take a look at Remora Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster as I recall without the sweat shield it's ambidextrous. For a generic holster sizing (740 = Size 4) I bought one based on recommendations here (TA) and very satisfied with it. For a best fit I prefer holsters made to fit / molded for a specific model pistol whether it's leather or poly - unfortunately they do cost much more.

EDIT: You may want (if not already done) meander thru the sticky 700 holster thread above - that's where I got on to the Remora - you might find something you like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have an 800 number, I'd give them a call and ask. Looking thru their site is confusing - it could be a size G, J, or M. Their dimension request of breach face to end of barrel length is 3-1/8 for the 740 - J is for 3-1/2" - M size says for Taurus Mil which is barely longer than the 740, albeit wider - G is for mini-Glocks - S size, I haven't a clue, but would suspect no. So best to call and let them say which is best.

You might want to take a look at Remora Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster as I recall without the sweat shield it's ambidextrous. For a generic holster sizing (740 = Size 4) I bought one based on recommendations here (TA) and very satisfied with it. For a best fit I prefer holsters made to fit / molded for a specific model pistol whether it's leather or poly - unfortunately they do cost much more.

EDIT: You may want (if not already done) meander thru the sticky 700 holster thread above - that's where I got on to the Remora - you might find something you like.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I have actually gone through that thread in depth.

I really love the idea of something that has a sweat shield but cannot bring myself to buy something that is not ambidextrous at this time until I've had enough time carrying in the small of my back and hip.

In my limited carrying so far with the 740, the small of my back is much more comfortable but I want to give it plenty of time with trying a number of positions before I plunk down good money on a more expensive solution that has a fixed right or left position.

I will look closer at Remora though and see if they have something that looks right for my wants.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi, I actually live near 8-miles from the factory. I could go take a look, and size my 709 up with it. Same dimensions, I believe. I have a Galco Tuckable myself, but I do have an Ace Case shoulder rig that works great in the winter (cover garments)

·
Registered
218 Posts
opps my bad fixed it up!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I actually live near 8-miles from the factory. I could go take a look, and size my 709 up with it. Same dimensions, I believe. I have a Galco Tuckable myself, but I do have an Ace Case shoulder rig that works great in the winter (cover garments)
Wow that'd be awesome if you do!

If its not going out of your way.

·
Registered
121 Posts
no problem. like i said, in the winter i holster with a ace case shoulder rig. I've tried both horizontal and vertical. I like the horizontal for function, but it prints more than the vertical does. I'll get back with you.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Very cool my friend! This is what TA is all about! I used to live pretty close to Bagmaster! When I lived in STL, it was about six miles away via S. Kingshighway!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to update that Ace Case replied to a message I sent yesterday with the following.

"The size we have listed for the Sigma, Keltecs and Kahrs will fit it."

That would be the size J. I hope this helps others as well.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Carried with it this weekend and found it to be comfortable.

All in all, great bang for the buck and would recommend.

Added pics to my OP.
Man, nice pics -- looks like it fits your pistol perfectly! And you are making me think it's time to buy another ACE holster! :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good post! Great photos. This sure looks like a good deal. I like how low in the holster the Slim fits. That's the right way it should go.
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts