Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this yesterday after reading of problems with accuracy.......this is something I've always said.......this video is well worth the time. Good old Hickok45.

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts
Boy......I could write a book in response to that. The operative word, that he uses over and over again, is "practical". He's decided what "practical" is, and he has gotten to the point that he has achieved that with most any reasonable full size weapon. The problem with that is that he's no longer challenging himself. He'll never get past where he is, because he's decided he's arrived.

In short, his standards are too low. If you want to get better, you have to drive yourself. I promise you, Rob Leatham never thinks he's "good enough", regardless of how good he is. When I get to the point that I'm hitting 90%, I either cut the size of my targets, or increase the range. If you don't keep score somehow then you don't know how good you are.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy......I could write a book in response to that. The operative word, that he uses over and over again, is "practical". He's decided what "practical" is, and he has gotten to the point that he has achieved that with most any reasonable full size weapon. The problem with that is that he's no longer challenging himself. He'll never get past where he is, because he's decided he's arrived.

In short, his standards are too low. If you want to get better, you have to drive yourself. I promise you, Rob Leatham never thinks he's "good enough", regardless of how good he is. When I get to the point that I'm hitting 90%, I either cut the size of my targets, or increase the range. If you don't keep score somehow then you don't know how good you are.

I couldn't agree with you more.......however this was in response to someones post indicating they couldn't hit anything with a 1911.
What his point is in most cases it's the shooter and not the gun.

Here's another video on accuracy, maybe not the best but it gives you an idea of just how holding, aiming, trigger pull, etc. effects accuracy.

·
Super Moderator
17,695 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more.......however this was in response to someones post indicating they couldn't hit anything with a 1911.
What his point is in most cases it's the shooter and not the gun.

Here's another video on accuracy, maybe not the best but it gives you an idea of just how holding, aiming, trigger pull, etc. effects accuracy.

Improving Pistol Target Shooting Accuracy - YouTube
I thought the first target in that video was pretty good, they were all in the black. And he's right, it's almost always more about the shooter than the gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts