Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me when Taurus started making the PT92/99's with the accessory rails? It's all the rage these days, but it looks a little out of place on these weapons. I'm trying to find a PT99 without a rail so I'd like to know what manufacture year I should watch out for.

Also, when was the decocker feature added?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
decocker feature was added long time ago.. when exactly i dont know.. but many years ago.. i think i heard someone say before 2000.. around 90 i think (dont quote me)

the rail was added a year or two ago i believe i was told

personally i dont like the rail.. however, since i had no choice.. i've now thought about a light.. lasers i think are more holly wood then anything.. and if i was gonna get one i'd want it to be the guide rod kind.. but those cost about as much as i paid for the gun :(

problem is i've only seen 1 holster that was designed to fit a beretta vertec/taurus w/rail and a light..

most of the few holsters out there for them actually have no place to fit an accessory unless it's custom.

which makes the point of having a rail somewhat moot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree on the No Rail preference.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the PT-92:

"Decocker. . . this feature was added to the second-generation models in the early-1990s, which also included the three-dot sights found on the Beretta 92F. A third revision in the late-90s changed the grip and slide design (which now has fewer grooves in the rear). More recently (as of 2005), Taurus has begun manufacturing the PT92 with built-in accessory rails on the frame, a feature found on the Heckler & Koch USP and third generation Glock pistols.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts