Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would LOVE it if Taurus started offering a wide variety of accessories for all the wonderfull firearms they have. For instance take the 24/7C mag spacer that comes with the gun. you cannot buy any you just get the ONE. I have this lovely little 9mm and I have 4 17rd mags as well as the one 13rd I keep in it for cc, its damn uncomfortable to shoot the 3 17rd W/O the mag spacer.
More sights to put on would be nice as well. Perhaps some fine tuned triggers for the autos? It's my hope that if Taurus gets into the accessories others will follow allowing us Taurus lovers more options on our guns and better sales for Taurus itself.

Any suggestions on what you would want to see? I'd like some ideas!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I've looked everywhere (online and LGS) but no mention of any anywhere. I've seen on posts that you can't even order them from Taurus cs.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would LOVE it if Taurus started offering a wide variety of accessories for all the wonderfull firearms they have. For instance take the 24/7C mag spacer that comes with the gun. you cannot buy any you just get the ONE. I have this lovely little 9mm and I have 4 17rd mags as well as the one 13rd I keep in it for cc, its damn uncomfortable to shoot the 3 17rd W/O the mag spacer.
More sights to put on would be nice as well. Perhaps some fine tuned triggers for the autos? It's my hope that if Taurus gets into the accessories others will follow allowing us Taurus lovers more options on our guns and better sales for Taurus itself.

Any suggestions on what you would want to see? I'd like some ideas!
And this is exactly the reason why I'm selling my PT809c. In over a year since I bought it, it has been impossible for me to find magazines. Just recently Taurus has posted the 17rd mags on their web site in the "What's new" section; the model has been out for God knows how long and now is when they offer the mags. But not for the compacts; I called the company and they said they are about 6 to 8 weeks backorder, not so, there just aren't any. And forget about holsters, I had to make my own from an Old Faithful kit (I recommend it, by the way). Since I already have a Glock 19, I'm selling the 809. I am also selling my PT145 (no complains there) and I'm getting me a Citadel 1911 .45 compact tactical (Taurus having the PT1911 for a while now, has done nothing to compete in the 1911 compact arena). Why? Because nobody can beat the 1911 platform when it comes to parts, accessories, and customization choices period! Everyone and their mother makes mags, holsters, sights, internal parts, grip panels, etc, etc, etc at ridiculous prices. I'm still keeping my PT709 and my 605 .357 but that's another story. I know I will be paying more for the 1911 but so be it. I already have a PT1911 and I love it I don't think I will ever part with for the reasons already explained.

My question is: why would you bring an excellent product like the 809 into the market and not back it up? What is the point of that? Do you just forget about it and focus on other projects? Well, all you are doing is upsetting your loyal client base.
Oh, and another thing, why can't you keep one standard mag for the different caliber for all your guns? (hint: look at glock or, again, the 1911 platform) The affordability of your products goes out the window when you force us to buy proprietary accessories that are expensive and hard to find. Look at the 709 Slim magazine prices out there, specifically on eBay, for example.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not a Taurus hater; you have awesome products at truly good prices, I just think that there is still a lot of room for improvement, but you need to listen to your clients.

Sincerelly,

·
Registered
180 Posts
Only place I can ever find magazines for my 24/7 G2C 9mm and PT100 .40 are gun shows. It really is a shame that Taurus cannot devote the resources to putting out a quality weapon as well as the accessories needed to feel comfortable owning that weapon. I am with you in that I am close to selling my 24/7 G2C 9mm because I cannot find may magazines for it, 13 or 17 round, or any spacers for the 17 round should I happen to find one somewhere. And as much as I love my SS PT100, If I cannot find what I need for it, I may have to sell that one as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the same problem. I've got an 840C and it shoots like a dream. I got the 10 rd and 15 rd mags, the 15 rd mag has the sleeve and it really does make it comfortable to shoot. I bought 2 more 15 rd mags from Taurus, thinking that they would come with the sleeves. Nope. And I can't find the sleeves online anywhere.

Any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I've had the same problem. I've got an 840C and it shoots like a dream. I got the 10 rd and 15 rd mags, the 15 rd mag has the sleeve and it really does make it comfortable to shoot. I bought 2 more 15 rd mags from Taurus, thinking that they would come with the sleeves. Nope. And I can't find the sleeves online anywhere.

Any suggestions anyone?
Wrap some elecrtical tape around the mag just above the base same width as the gap. Its cheap and perminant. Do it right and you wont be able to tell its tape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts