Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering:confused: whats available for this nice little CC and where you can get it, add pictures if you want as im new to gun lingo
and dont really know the parts all that great

·
Registered
327 Posts
The are very few accessories for the PT 111 Pro. The absence of an accessory rail made sure of it.

There are a few things that you can do to sort of soup it up, though. There is magazine (upgrade to 17 round magazine capacity) and barrel (to a 4 inch barrel) compatibility with the PT 24/7 9mm Gen 1. There are Hi-Viz and Firesights available for it. There are some slip on grips in the market for it. There are also some lasers, the best of them arguably is made by Crimson Trace. The only thing I went for were the higher capacity PT 24/7 magazines. Most other accessories I consider unnecessary.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
29,949 Posts
With no intentions of offending anyone...here goes.:r_c:

The PT111 is the closest thing to perfection in a concealed carry defensive firearm you'll ever find, it's...

1. 100% reliable
2. Accurate
3. Compact
4. Light weight
5. Thin (1.25")
6. Good caliber - 9mm, available world wide, cheap, with dozens of premium JHP's
7. Capacity at 12 + 1 rounds, outstanding for it's niche.

It's easier to discreetly and comfortably conceal this firearm as is.

In my opinion from 42+ years (and counting) of active law enforcement/miltary service; and training LEO's, Military and Civilian shooters, attaching lights, lasers, rear view mirrors or kick stands defeats the whole purpose of it's design.

It's hard to improve on near perfection. Why do I say near perfection? Because it's trigger, while light weight and crisp could use a little improvement from the factory to achieve total perfection.
:thumb:

And that's all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
'Nuff said, Moondawg!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
(Psst! Harry! You're the MilProGuy. YOU post some pics. I know you got some!) :D
Okay, sir...you've twisted my arm...

so...here's a few pics of the PT111 that MOONDAWG has so effectively touted:

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the only thing i was thinking about maybe getting was a lazer for the o s&$t facter just one more thing to make some one think twice. Also looking for a few good holsters. and so far i do beleive this is a great gun i am happy with it eventhough i had to retern the first one due to the ejecter thing being to long. thank you all much for the comments

·
Registered
44 Posts
About all you can reasonably do to it is add night sights and a grip sleeve. I put on a Hogue HandAll (small), which increased comfort and accuracy for less than $10. Easy to do--just let the sleeve warm up in the sun for a while to soften up, then work it on.

Adding night sights will take some tools and expertise, plus $75-100.

As Moondawg pointed out, the point of this gun is concealed carry. Adding a lot of extra crap makes it less effective for that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm pretty inclined to accept Moondawg's assessment of the PT111..

·
Registered
19 Posts
But has anyone improved, or rather changed their sights from the stock white dots to something like Tru-glo or High Vis? I would consider the laser but that adds mass and weight to the weapon. I'd also have to invest in new gun leather with the addition of a laser sight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey MOONDAWG, ANY ACCESSORIES OUT THERE

Hey I am looking for accessories for the PT111, I know about the Armalaser for $90 and already have dovetails, just wondering if you have anything else in mind. I have been looking for couple weeks, so if you have anything please reply

1 - 20 of 22 Posts