1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
This is the most common problem that I see at the range with laser users.
especially new shooters, the get confused and frustrated by the laser dancing about the target, then they start snatching the trigger and the shot goes way off, then they begin to try pull the trigger while its passing over the very center of the target.
thats why I am not a big proponent of lasers on newbies pistols.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Yup, the laser can be your friend...or your enemy! Trigger control is always your friend.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
When I bought the laser for my TCP the salesman warned me not to chase the laser. Said many people will anticipate the laser and quickly jerk the trigger and never be on target. Article is a good reminder.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I hated the laser function on my Bodyguard. I only used it for snap cap practice to help lern the trigger pull on that extremely heavy DAO trigger without pulling off target.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
The laser will be a God send if you ever have to struggle with a B.G. in the dark. Where the dot is, the hole goes.
Wonder If George Zimmerman was looking for the red /green dot, or that he just felt the bad guy struggling with him and shot?--------------:eek:

Inside a phone booth fighting normally a laser or sight isn't needed, that's why they don't put them on knives.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
The laser grips mounted on my wife's M85 are more of a confidence builder than marksmanship maker. As a paraplegic she has limited upper body strength. and the ability to just "point and click" in a SD situation gives her the confidence that she can defend herself if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts