Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When checking their website this morning I noticed Academy Sports dropped their price from $479 to $379 today. Called my local store here in Wichita, KS to confirm and it is true and they had 16 in stock. So I went down and got me one. Been waiting for the right price. So if anyone is wanting a PT 92 AF they better check with the closest Academy Sports cause I don't know how long the price will be dropped.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Congrats on the new PT92. I love shooting my 92 and 100 as well.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
That's a good sign. Maybe the demand is falling off a little. They haven't been running any sales lately. Not quite the Black Friday price, but very good nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
:thumb: congrats, nice going and thanks for info.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome aboard, love my black Friday special!

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats and welcome from GA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the forum, fatedraco!

Crazily-good deal on the PT92 !! I wish I was near an Academy Sports... I'd be picking up one for sure :)

Nice find,
force

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That is a super price for a NIB PT92!

If only I had a nearby Academy store. :(

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Wonder why they are selling the Black on sell and not the SS also ? Could it be Academy is trimming down their line or is Taurus fixen to discontinue that particular one ?

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
Could simply be that they still have a good number on hand that didn't sell the two times they are on sale over the holidays. I'm sure they worked out a very good price from Taurus and are now lowering the everyday price to clear inventory.

I had given thought to going over and picking one up, but then out of the blue (really it is stainless) I had something else slip in under the radar.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Good for you I love my 92 call her my Special Favorite.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wonder why they are selling the Black on sell and not the SS also ? Could it be Academy is trimming down their line or is Taurus fixen to discontinue that particular one ?
I had asked them that when I had gotten there. It was because they didn't have any of the SS mainly because those tend to go real fast and they had an over abundance of the Black ones. When I got to my local Academy Sports they had 17 still available. They said the sale was to try and push stock on some of the guns the store had a supply of.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Man, if i didn't already have a fine 24/7 I'd have me one of those pt92's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went to Academy yesterday & checked out the PT92, I had been considering one for a while now. I'm gonna try to go by & maybe purchase one today. I really liked it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts