Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Academy has 22LR ...

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Gunowner99 
#1 ·
... for about 5 minutes!

I went by this morning figuring I may get a box of 9mm, because they have not had any 22LR for over a month. I ended up first in line, got there about 7:20 am and they open at 8. To my surprise, I saw four of these stacked up on the countertop ...

But they only had the four buckets, and no other 22LR. I bought the first bucket, the guy behind me bought one and so on.

I am pleased to report that Academy is NOT price gouging. Everything I have bought since the panic started is at normal pricing, including my Nano 9mm.

1400 rounds for $65 = $23.21 for a 500 round box.

See less See more
#4 ·
... for about 5 minutes!

I went by this morning figuring I may get a box of 9mm, because they have not had any 22LR for over a month. I ended up first in line, got there about 7:20 am and they open at 8. To my surprise, I saw four of these stacked up on the countertop ...

View attachment 49143

But they only had the four buckets, and no other 22LR. I bought the first bucket, the guy behind me bought one and so on.

I am pleased to report that Academy is NOT price gouging. Everything I have bought since the panic started is at normal pricing, including my Nano 9mm.

1400 rounds for $65 = $23.21 for a 500 round box.
On the Black Ammo market, that pail as is would fetch $150, most gun shops would pay you $105 and if you were to wait a few more weeks, it might do more.

However, if you are like me, you will just keep that big grin and the ammo.

Nice Score!

#5 ·
I have a good deal of .22, but a bucket like that to top off my stash would make me very comfortable. I wish Academy and the Walmart stores were more convenient to me, and I'd check them often!

#7 ·
Congrats on a good deal

#8 ·
Nice score, never seen the bucket locally, I would be willing to give them a try if I had the chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.