Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hopeful the Academy Pre-Black Friday Sale started today would have had some Rossi Revolvers, but no such luck.

I thumbed through the sale that goes on until Midnight Saturday night. Didn't see any guns I couldn't live without, but they are running the new 50 caliber steel ammo cans again for $9.96 and I will probably pick up a couple,

They also have the Winchester .22 Hi velocity plated round nose in a nice little Winchester Wood box 500 rounds for $30 which is out of my comfort range, even with the wood box.

I think there was a decent price on a Wyndham Arms AR15, but Walmart has 20% off also and if I buy a long gun, I'd probably check there first.

This may be a non gun buying Black Friday, but there were some knife sets I liked for Christmas Gifts for all the males, I have 8 to buy for. There is a pretty nice Uncle Henry Hunting knife for $19.95

Anyhow, here is the link for our Pre-black Friday Sale

Academy - Weekly Ad

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
At least your Walmart carries guns; ours stopped carrying them when it remodeled and realigned its merchandise a few years ago.

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least your Walmart carries guns; ours stopped carrying them when it remodeled and realigned its merchandise a few years ago.
One of our newer stores that didn't handle long guns, just started about 8 months ago, giving us three of our four stores carrying long guns.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
There are two Wal-Marts in my area. The older store has carried ammo and long guns for a long time.. I think it used to carry some pistols years ago, but won't swear on it.

The newer Wal-Mat carried more ammo, more variety, more calibers than the old store. It carried more shooting accessories , more scopes, hunting gear, etc.... but did not carry any guns until about mid year last year. Now it has a dedicated rifle/shotguns case and a ton of ammo( except .22lr) behind the counter.

The old store doesn't have a gun case behind a counter, but instead has two enclosed glass revolving cases.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
That pt111 g2 they are selling is mighty tempting! Damn sexy pistola!

ftacad19.jpg

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I would LOVE to snag that Heritage Arms .22 revolver for that price.. but I know I would have to camp out in line to get one.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
And the same with that 325 rds of Federal .22 ammo..

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would LOVE to snag that Heritage Arms .22 revolver for that price.. but I know I would have to camp out in line to get one.
Usually, they have a good supply, I think you can get there about 30 minutes after opening and do fine.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Well. That PT 111 in Dark Earth is something I've been looking for for a while. I don't have any academies here in Chicagostan, so I called them. The things in that ad are instore only.....
Why oh why did you post that ......:icon_ cry:

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I would also like to get one of those Heritage .22 revolvers for that price, I will have to see where an Academy is along my planned travel route Friday. If one is close by I may swing in just to see if I can get lucky.

Edit: That was easy no go for me. I may be as far north as Tampa that weekend, however I will still be several hours away from the nearest store.

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rode out to Academy just now with a friend who will buy the G-2 for the $259.99. The guy behind the counter let us see one when I asked if they came with one or two mags. They do have two mags but are in a cardboard box and not a plastic case. They do look good. I bought two boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm for $11.99 a box which is about as reasonable as you can buy 9mm any more. He said they would also have 60 of the PT22's on sale. They didn't have any of the Knife gift sets on display that I wanted to see.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I've gone to academies Black Friday for the past 3'years and they always have plenty of the heritage .22. Even going ther int the afternoon they still had them. I am considering the Remington 783 but rally want a 700 sps tactical.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I will be no where near any store having a Black Friday sale.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I will be no where near any store having a Black Friday sale.
I try to avoid them as well, for the $99 Heritage I would give it a try. I plan on taking the kids out Friday morning after Thanksgiving for a long weekend. No set plans just see where the car takes us, most likely start out heading toward Lake Okeechobee. I will be passing BPS on my way out and am tempted to stop in to try and score a $25.00 Box of .22lr in the fancy wood box and some of those $10.00 metal ammo cans. Both are the same deals Academy is offering, less the Heritage. :( I have to pass the store on the Turnpike and come back on a side road. If it looks crazy I will just keep on going.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts