Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started looking around yesturday for the Raging Bull 500 with the 10" barell. Everyone I talked to said they were all gone and did not know when they would get anymore in. I was starting to give up when I decided to call Gander Mountain. I normally just go there to look and fondel but buy at my local dealer. Well my local dealer had no idea when he would get one in so... Like I said I called GM and the guy said none of the stores had one but he would do some looking around in other parts of the country and call me back. Well about an hour ago he called me and said he found "one" at all the GM's in the U.S and it was in Wisconsin and they will ship it out Friday to the Houston store so I can pick it up next week :clap:

I cant wait. I went ahead and got some ammo for it already at my local dealer. I took some pics of that and put them in the gallery, here they are for those who dont want to go search there

This is the (from right to left) the .500 .45acp 9mm and .25acp

and the .500 with just the .25 ;D

oh and for the record I know my camera sucks and I am an even worse photographer you don't have to remind me lol

·
Super Moderator
35,678 Posts
The .45ACP don't look like much, does it? ROFL! I just got some FREE .45 Colt today, 62 rounds of loaded cowboy type loads and 50 rounds of brass. We'd never picked up some picture albums we left with a friend over in Victoria (actually Nursery) she's moving to Florida, left already. So, we went to get our stuff and her ex-husband had left the ammo. He's into that SASS stuff. She told us to take what we could use, so I did. ;D ROFL! Guy's a jerk, felt good to take the ammo, actually. LOL! .45 Colt, even the brass ain't really what I'd call cheap. I don't know how well I'd get a long with the .50, but I could at least afford to shoot it since I reload everything I shoot except rimfires and cast bullets for my handguns from free range scrap lead. The brass is valuable, though, and you don't find .45 colt OR .50 S&W laying out the ground at the range. Every time I go, I pick up .40 S&W, at least a box of .45 ACP, and 9mm till the cows come home. I'll never have to worry about brass for those calibers, LOL.

I cast bullets, really like casting .357" stuff, wadcutters, lead goes a long way. The HEAVIEST bullet I cast is a 360 grain Minie ball for my .50 cal Hawkin Hunter Carbine. That bullet EATS UP my lead supply. Wow, a 400 would be even worse, ROFL! At least the lead is free for the taking out at the range.

BTW, with a bullet that big, why bother with hollow points? I'd be happy as a clam shooting truncated cone or SWCs. Hey, they're pre-expanded!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really see the need for a HP in a 400 grain either lol I just picked this up because my dealer told me to give him a report when I shoot the gun. He has not sold one yet and has 3 people waiting to hear a first hand report before they commit to ordering the .500

He gave me the box of 20 for 20 bucks out the door. A $1 a round is not bad compared to most of the ammo I have seen for sale

check out these guys http://www.ballisticsupply.net/Default.aspx?tabid=252105

I will be ordering one of each of there sample packs in the next week or so

They have a 500 grain a 600 grain and a 700 grain! :eek: not sure how I feel about shooting those but we'll see ;D

·
Super Moderator
35,678 Posts
A $1 a round is not bad compared to most of the ammo I have seen for sale
My <cough, gag> GAWD! :eek: Uh, dude, you got a reloading press? I'd certainly consider it. At those prices, it'd pay for itself in a couple of boxes. ROFLMAO!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the .500 Magnum Darkside, MPanova, glad you could join us. :D

bwahahahaha

The Darkside: It's not just for Evil Black Rifles anymore ;D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! It should be in next week and I can't hardly stand the wait. Im like a kid one week away from Christmas that already knows he is getting everything he asked for. Im jumping out of my skin :yipee:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.