Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are those who don't care for the straight 8 sights. I'm curious how people like the front blade having daylight around it as seen through the rear notch. Taurus seems to tout it as a wonderful idea, but the extra space just distracts me.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I love straight 8's personally and now they have them from Trijicon for the Mil Pro and 24/7's. The brain naturally aligns objects vertically rather than horizontally.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I am disappointed because the thread title was misleading.... was expecting to see butts and things ;)

Anyway, I like the straight 8.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRAEGER said:
I am disappointed because the thread title was misleading.... was expecting to see butts and things ;)

Anyway, I like the straight 8.
I'm disappointed because so far not a single soul has answered the question I actually asked.

To be sure I'll ask again. How do people like the extra daylight around the blade as seen through the rear notch. I prefer a blade that fills the notch, regardless of whether two dots make a figure 8.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
JimL said:
I'm disappointed because so far not a single soul has answered the question I actually asked.

To be sure I'll ask again. How do people like the extra daylight around the blade as seen through the rear notch. I prefer a blade that fills the notch, regardless of whether two dots make a figure 8.
The amount of "daylight" is not a dramatic difference compared to a basic 3-dot sight. So, in my opinion it does not affect me negatively. If it's uncomfortable to you, simply change the sights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
JimL said:

It is a little different. I've only been to the range once with my new 24/7 pro. It seems towards the end it was a little better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jim, Everyone of my 3 - dot sight guns has a small amount of daylight between the two sights. Just keep shooting, you'll get use to them. I just wish they were night sights.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gunnut said:
Jim, ... Just keep shooting, you'll get use to them.
Thanks, I hope so. So far I've shot better cowboy style (intuitively from about heart level) than using the sights. At least that shows the gun is natural my hand - which is why I got it.

·
32,481 Posts
Just think. If you folks change out the present sights for different ones then one has come to the Heinie End. :eek: ::) ;D :D ;) :)

Remember, being funnier or wittier than the moderators is considered a mortal sin here.LOL ;) :D ;D

The Sit Down Comic strikes again!!! :D Sitting down makes own a smaller target than standup or standoffish comedy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts