Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the range today and fired couple hundred rounds at some paper targets, my stress relief! Came home to find that my Disassembily Latch, part 4.3 in the manual, had sheered off the thumb head. The latch was still in the gun and only held in by the retaining spring. So I jimmied it out with my trusty pocket knife, really easy simply drop the spring and shake the pin out. I decided to call Taurus and after being on hold for twenty minutes they tell me that the pin is a restricted part and could not ship it to me. Kind of pissed I asked why and the lady told me that people install them wrong and it needed to be done by a tech (I hate when idiots who know little about guns answer the phone), I replied with a simple that is crap because after each use it needs to be removed to release the slide from the poly. She had no response simply that I could ship the gun to them and wait six weeks to have it fixed and sent back. Two problems here, six weeks to put in a pin that my 12 year old does in ten seconds, second I trust no one to work on my guns and I will not be able to watch in the process. Ahhhh. Thinking of selling my Taurus firearms and buying another Beretta. Well going to cool off and reload some more ammo.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
sorry to hare this. maybe you can get this on line somewhere or at someplace near by. :confused:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't understand why she said the take-down pin was a restricted part either. Maybe she misunderstood and thought you're talking about a different part. I ordered a couple of the take-down pins for my Ruger's and 1 for my Taurus OSS last year. I suggest you call Taurus CS again to talk to a different rep.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I think she was under informed on the part. I researched it with her on the phone and told her the part description in the manual and she still said it was restricted. Kind of blew a gasket at her, I will call again tomorrow and hopefully get another rep. I mean the part is stupid simple. Well I keep this updated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
HMMM sounds very familiar. I find it very interesting that magazine releases and take down pins are restricted. I honestly have to say for a company with such revered customer service, their customer service kind of sucks.

·
Super Moderator
27,071 Posts
If I could make a small suggestion here:
No matter how upset you are, "do not bite the hand that feeds you"!

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I too would call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. If you are talking about a latch pin that must be removed to field strip the gun, the one you remove to clean it, then it should not be restricted. I too think you recieved bad info from the rep and as busy as they are, it was an honest mistake. Give them the benefit of the doubt and try again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds like bad info to me. I'd let yourself cool off and call back.

Whats that old saying? "You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it is bad information, it is bad information I have been given as well. Even after 5 phone calls an 2 supervisors. I think it is bad practice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts