Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drawing, holding and firing the pistol accurately with one hand at combat distances while focusing on the threat is easy when these skills are learned correctly. In my opinion, these skills should also be learned first by the new or prospective pistolero--introducing two-handed, sighted shooting only after one-hand point-shooting skills have been established.
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/tactical/hand_091407/index3.html

·
Registered
846 Posts
Good read Sarge.

·
Registered
846 Posts
dbsguy, that we all do need to do.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That was a good article... I like the fact that if I practice that I can drink beer while shooting at the range. :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
ROFL, Pierce good one, then you can use the empties for targets. :shooter:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I think you should practice all forms of shooting and drawing your gun. You should be able to get to your gun with your weak hand, and you should be able to shoot with your weak hand. Also a little tip I take from my training in the martial arts "Practice doesn't make perfect, Perfect practice make perfect." we get people all the time that rush through techniques incorrectly, and that is energy and effort wasted. However if you start out learning to draw slowly, carfully, with a purpose, do it correctly every time, eventually your muscles will remember how to do it and when the time comes for you to draw, it's an instinct.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I like the fact that if I practice that I can drink beer while shooting at the range.
Pierce... :p....lol... :D :D :D
+1 :guns: :shooter: :puke: :zzz:

Perfect practice make perfect." we get people all the time that rush through techniques incorrectly, and that is energy and effort wasted. However if you start out learning to draw slowly, carfully, with a purpose, do it correctly every time, eventually your muscles will remember how to do it and when the time comes for you to draw, it's an instinct.
Good point Ace...
That is the same for playing guitars also... ;)
I never shot D/A untill i read some stuff on this forum,now i practice very well every time i go shooting and it has made a big difference..
Just got to love forums ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
SgtKnuckles said:
Drawing, holding and firing the pistol accurately with one hand at combat distances while focusing on the threat is easy when these skills are learned correctly. In my opinion, these skills should also be learned first by the new or prospective pistolero--introducing two-handed, sighted shooting only after one-hand point-shooting skills have been established.
http://www.gunsandammomag.com/tactical/hand_091407/index3.html
I fully agree and so does my Dad...with the PT24/7 being my first semi-auto, he keeps coaching me to use one hand on it.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks for the link SgtKnuckles, much appreciated.

·
Registered
663 Posts
threefortyduster said:
I fully agree and so does my Dad...with the PT24/7 being my first semi-auto, he keeps coaching me to use one hand on it.
What caliber are you shooting? I'd assume a 9 would be easier to one hand than a .45.

JimL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts