Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a lot of stories circulating about the sinking of the Titanic due to the anniversary. It is curious that this particular incident has lived so long and so large in the imaginations of generations since. It is because it was so avoidable with warnings of ice bergs ignored, a purposely planned shortage of lifeboats, because rich and poor were equal victims, or something else?

Here's a story I received in email this morning about a Catholic priest who refused to evacuate to offer comfort to those who could not. I think that regardless of your religious beliefs that you will be moved by this man's commitment to his faith.

LifeSiteNews Mobile | The untold story of the Titanic’s Catholic priest who went down hearing confessions

P
ost any other stories from the incident that you come across.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I've no clue why but I expect the boasting that she was unsinkable did a bit to keep it in our eye so long. As for ignoring the warnings, in those days they would have had lookouts posted in that area anyway or should have.

I'm thinking the priest went to the head of the line when he reached his destination.

Here in St Louis the school I attend is duplicating a dinner (the last dinner supposedly) from the ship. The front of the house staff will be attired in period clothing and certain folks will play well known folks from the ship. Not for those without a stout appetite or wallet. The menu is extensive and the cost is $500 per. All the food is created using the same ingredients and manners from that era as well. So in a few cases the school had to search to find ingredients used then but not often now.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"In almost every line that has been written, and in every sentence that has been spoken, there stands boldly out above every other expression a picture of sublime heroism that will be copied into the pages of history. And well it may, for it is deserving of that honor."

Amen and Amen.

What a profoundly touching account of a very remarkable man of God.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts