Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cc almost every day and find that I onley carry the loade pistol Iam a very small guy under 5ft and am wondering the best way to carry and should I carry an extra mag also does any one make a cross draw holster iwb thank in advance for any info

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I carry the spare mag for my XD SC in my left front pocket. When I carry a revolver I usually carry a speed strip and a speed loader. FYI, I'm only 5'6" and a gun that size isn't that difficult to conceal. I'd suggest asking about what holsters have worked well for people down in the Mil Pro area, you'll likely get more responses specific for your weapon.

Yes, according to the statistics the amount of ammo in the gun should be sufficient to deal with the threat. And I have never heard of a civilian dieing from running out of ammo during an attack. However, if my day (or night) has gone the tubes so far that I get into a fight for my life, the statistics have now been tossed out the window and I'll be slightly more comfortable knowing that I have a reload available. But remember that Mr. Murphy isn't your friend at that point.

Plus some types of pistol failures need a good mag to fix. Yes, the odds are that the fight will be over before you get the gun back up and running

I recommend getting a pocket holster for the mag to protect your pocket lining from the wear of the feed lips. This is something that I still need to do myself...

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I dont carry an extra mag, I carry the 24/7 45 with 13 rounds so I feel it should be enough, I test my mags as offen as I can to make sure they still work 100%

·
Registered
12 Posts
Murphy is an Adam Henry. Always prep for the worst. I have carried a spare for 13 years, not because I think I might get into the middle of a gang war, but because the weapon may fail, the mag may fail, something is going to go wrong when you want it to the least.

All that may be necessary to get the gun back into the fight is a mag change, but if your spare is on the dresser at home, it makes a great paper wieght.

On a daily basis, I will have either my PT-101 or my 1911 on my left hip with a reload on my right, and my AMT .380 in my right front pocket. I don't think I will need to use every bit of this equipment, but I have it if I need it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I carry an extra mag in my left pocket.
I took an old Uncle Mikes IWB holster removed the clip. Put the mag in that.
I think I bought it for one of the many mouse guns I used to have :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts