Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For once I managed to restrain myself enough to take a pic BEFORE I scarfed the dish down. This is a Veal Marsala, med rare. That sauce is so good you could bottle it and I would drink it!

Sarge

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Now that really looks good, you going start a diner at your house?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Sarge, your "killing me"!!!! man that looks good.....

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL!! I wish I could start a diner. But I figure I should at least wait until I'm at least half way thru school first! For now I go to school and use my family as guinea pigs and try new stuff on them.

Gonna work on a new dish this afternoon/evening. Chicken breasts in a marsala, tomato sauce with roasted corn mixed with green beans and onions and some fancy potatoes (cut like a brick and slow sauté/steamed in broth and onions).

Sarge

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
I need the recipes
But I love MaRSALA FLAVORED DISHES!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You're makin' me drool all over myself. Quit that!

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need the recipes
But I love MaRSALA FLAVORED DISHES!
INCOMING!!! That recipe made me think, you want a recipe for stocks and demi-glace? Two simple but slightly time consuming things that can and will improve soups and dishes.

Sarge

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These types of comments are why I like to cook. My best comment from the chef instructor is when he demands a recipe from something I made at home or at school just keeps eating my dish.

Sarge

·
Registered
27,118 Posts
Sarge,
You know dang well the first rule is that you are supposed to bring enough for everybody. Now get back there and make some for us.

(Though I have to admit I made a dang good chicken gumbo today - and I'm not sharing, either :))

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Just wait, if you keep this up one of these days when you come home you will find yourself out in the cold, because a bunch of us will have your driveway filled along with the streets on both sides for a couple of blocks. Just kidding, well maybe????

Keep up the good work. I always like to see someone who loves his work although I have never envied a baker who had to get up and go to work at 0200 hours to make the goodies for the rest of us, especially if they are the owner/operator and has to stick around till 1600 or 1700 hours tending the counter.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
You're makin' me drool all over myself. Quit that!
Bre, it's just your age making you drool all over yourself. It's normal! Just kidding. Get a bib, you'll be fine.

Great presentation Sarge. Looks very yummy!

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
This Thread is Worthless without RECIPES!

That looks really good! Will you share?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Quick and easy way to make a marsala sauce for veal, chicken or even pork:

Can of Mushroom soup, regular size can for 4 pieces of either meats in a 12" skillet
1 cup Marsala or Moscato wine
1/2 sweet onion coarsely cut
8 oz sliced mushrooms

Brown, maybe even sear which ever meat ( I use thick cut pork chops more often than not )
After browning, remove meats add add onions and if necessary a bit more olive oil. Saute, not sweat the onions til almost brown. There should be a lot of delicious cooked meat tidbits on the skillet.

Pour half of the wine in the skillet and while its sizzling break loose all those wonderful bits. And it should be somewhat boiling by now too, then add reminder of wine and can of mushroom sauce.

Stir to break the sauce down, lower heat to a simmer and add a 1/3 cup milk. Add mushrooms and then the meats. Cover and bring heat down as low as possible, add a pinch of dill and cook for another 30 minutes.

Voila and Ba-Bam you have a marsala sauce!

And I hope I just didn't hijack a thread...but I think I did..my bad and apologies to the OP

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I hope it tasted as good as it looks.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
For once I managed to restrain myself enough to take a pic BEFORE I scarfed the dish down. This is a Veal Marsala, med rare. That sauce is so good you could bottle it and I would drink it!

Sarge
My mouth is watering just looking at that!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

LOL!! Here ya go:

Veal with Marsala Sauce (serves 2)

4 Veal round top scallops (2 oz ea)
As needed salt and white pepper (I used black pepper, prefer the taste but on milk-fed veal it will stand out)
1 tablespoon clarified butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 oz dry shallot
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
4 fl oz dry Marsala wine
4 oz brown stock or demi-glace
4 oz heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced

With pointed edge of tenderizer lightly pound veal to about half thickness. If you lay it on plastic and a layer over the top, you won't get meat goo everywhere.

Season the scaloppini lightly with salt and pepper.

Add clarified butter and oil to a skillet and heat over mod-hi heat.

Add scaloppini (should sizzle when it touches the pan) and sauté over med-hi heat until done and just lightly browned. Remove veal once browned. (scaloppini is the name of the meat piece once pounded slightly.)

Add shallot and garlic. Sauté over mod-heat until slightly tender.

Add Marsala and deglaze (scrub pan with spatula to remove anything stuck to bottom, very important to flavor!). Add brown stock and reduce by half.

Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, reducing to sauce consistency (will coat the back of a spoon). Adjust seasonings.

Return veal to pan and warm thru, serve on warm plates with sauce and garnish with parsley. (I actually tossed the parsley into the pan with the sauce and meat about 10 second before done. Wont help the looks but adds a smidge to flavor.)

Roasted Herb Potatoes (serves 2)

8 oz red potatoes (roughly the same size)
quarter teaspoon rosemary, chopped
quarter teaspoon thyme, chopped
quarter teaspoon parsley, chopped
2 oz olive oil
1 oz salt
eighth teaspoon ground black pepper

Quarter potatoes, combine with all ingredients, mixing well.

Place on sheet tray in 350 degree oven, roast 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the dish looks great and i will have to give your marsala a try... mine is different but such is cooking !!! i am still amazed at MADKAW cooking gumbo in michigan...LOL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts