Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One silver lining in all this current attack on gun rights is that a lot of folks have become first time gun owners. I ran into a guy at the range who had purchased his first two firearms - a .22 rifle package deal (with scope) and an H&K P30. I took extra time to make him feel at ease and comfortable in, what was for him, a new environment! I explained range etiquette, answered questions, gave him some pointers - and encouragement!! Hopefully he went home feeling a little more knowledgeable and comfortable with his new purchases - AND realizing shooting is also fun and that us gun folks can be some pretty good folk!
Hope everyone here will be patient and helpful with new shooters - so that when the next battle comes, we will have even more numbers on our side - and MORE people knowledgeable enough to correct the misguided!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I agree. We've always been 'pretty good folk'.....just don't threaten harm to me or mine or try to break into my house...seems fair.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I to meet a couple who just got there 1st firearms at the range the last time I went. They asked what are you shooting I told them a Taurus PT 740 he said we got some Taurus also the guy had a 24/7 45 and his wife had a PT 111 9mm I told them great choices these are good guns. I showed them how to field strip and how to clean them they shot about 200 rounds out of each with out cleaning and they still ran flawless.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Well done guys. Nothing like making new shooters feel welcome. They are usually a little anxious and can benefit from the help they get.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Well done TM give yourself an attaboy, you did good.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Way to be! I've also been helping a couple of people new to the gun world.. And these are ladies that I never thought were even remotely interested! I guess the attack on our Second Amendment rights and the things that are happening in our world these days has pushed them into self protection mode! Love it!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If they only knew how nice we are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts