·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
35,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 20" Rossi 92 carbine in .357. I killed one deer at 80 yards with it, but mostly, it's just a range gun. It's pretty versatile, though. I put a ghost ring aperture sight with indexed elevation adjustments off an old boy scout model .22 on it and can adjust between light .38s and heavy magnums. It'll put those .38s into about 2.5" at 50 yards, which ain't real great, but effective for small game, though I have more accurate .22s. With my 158 SWC magnum load, it shoots about 4MOA and is effective to about 100 yards.

I wanna get my hands on some of those 180 buffalo bores to chronograph in this thing. They're supposed to turn the thing into a .30-30. I can't get, but about 1900 fps with a 158, which is plenty effective on deer, but the buffalo bore claims for the 180 grainer are pretty outrageous.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have one in .45 Colt. With the HSM 300 grain JSP "Bear Loads" it's a veritable cannon!

ECS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.