Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i told my wife i was available for babysitting duty all weekend if she was willing to go to a ccw class. to my delight she found a one day (all day) class nearby and i now will be babysitting all weekend. i took her out several weeks ago and let her and the counter help work through an assortment of revolvers and pistols and she chose the milleniums, i think she was expecting a 9mm, but allot of people suggested the .40, so i took their advice and went with the .40, if it is to much for her, it would just be an excuse to buy another gun. my initial range report is over 100 rounds w/ no failures, i tried the heine sites again, and just could not adjust, so i got the hand file out and cut the front dot down till it was on target w/ traditional sighting methods and blacked out the rest of the dot(s). (i did the same w/ my 24/7). it is just a fuzz right in my left handed gripping, but she's a righty, so we will see how it does for her. the best part is she will be able to take the actual gun she is going to carry to the class and get a professional instructor to work with her on it.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I think that's a great idea. I wish I could talk my wie into it. She doesn't like the idea of carrying a gun in her purse though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she made it real clear that she was gonna carry on the hip just like me, so i bought the same style holster i use and gave it to her and said start practicing around the house, she has some work to do she prints real bad right now mostly because of the low cut new style jeans she had. i put the website in the woman ccw post in our favorites for her to spend some time in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife likes my CCW PT140 so much that she has absconded it for her own CCW. I am currently debating getting another to replace for my own or getting something else. BTW, what holster did you get for yours?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm thinking of picking up a PT111 to be a stable mate for my Kahr CW9. I love that pistol. I'll never get rid of it. Over 600 rounds through it and not one failure to feed, fire or eject. Top notch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all i bought so far is a uncle mikes iwb, there isn't much out there for the 3rd generation yet. until i win my arguement that she needs to get a better belt, i don't plan on spending much money on the subject. she mentioned ankle, purse, waist, etc. but i need to see some wardrobe adjustments before the waist will work for her. she is small so everything she has tried so far is a bulge that does not flow at all with the natural body lines. at this point in life i am just happy she went and got her permit. God bless, I corinthians 10:31

1 - 6 of 6 Posts