Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across this program written by Will Jennings in Access called Reloaders reference. It is free and once I fixed to minor bugs in the program it works perfectly as is an amazing database that is completely update even with your favorite loads.

You can download the program from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/files/Reloaders_ Reference/9.3x74r - Final/ and the current version is RRv9. There is support for it here Reloaders' Reference

Now is has an inventory for guns, powders bullets, primers etc. I has several calculators built in also that come in handy. The guns inventory section is also well done allowing one to save even 2 photographs of your guns in a jpg file. I've included a screen shot of the main menu with the load data option opened to give you and idea. It also includes manuals (which can also be added too) as well as 300 targets you can print out.

If you have some knowledge of Access, especially if you have Access on your machine the minor bugs can be fixed fairly easily. The bugs are the primer database file isn't linked properly if using vista or windows 64 bit versions. Back up you will need to get into the code to make a simple name change. Neither of these will have a lot of effect for most however.

I have no connection with this program other than as a user.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for posting this, joecil.

I'm running the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Evaluation on this laptop of mine. Have you read anything as to whether the reloading program runs on Windows 8? Thanks!

Amistad

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting this, joecil.

I'm running the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Evaluation on this laptop of mine. Have you read anything as to whether the reloading program runs on Windows 8? Thanks!

Amistad
No I haven't however it runs good under Windows 7 Professional. It does have some bugs in it 3 to be precise that I've found. Now if you hold down the shift key while starting it you get the ability to fix 2 of these problems. Now the backup feature is the first as the first backup file it makes it is trying to back up rrv6.mdb which is the wrong version as mine is rrv9.mdb. Corrected than in the code and worked perfectly. The others are the primer data you simply open the tables which are linked remove the primer table and link it from the proper location (where the program actually is installed). The last fix was beyond me to fix but not a major problem either as few would use that. You can also add more gun manuals and targets though it is hidden I've done it. But then I program using Access myself so understand the way it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts