Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here still think Taurus builds junk?

My shooting position was next to the bag n' targets in the foreground, ~ 14 paces.

Excuse the awkward angles in this target close up . Holding a camera and gun whilst taking a photo in the bright sun is harder then I bargained for. Next time someone says a Taurus is bad news, feel free to post these range photos in defense.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Soooo - 15 yds. - ish!?!?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I don't think many haters hang round these parts. Nice shooting. :thumb:

Reactions: piratesailor

·
Super Moderator
37,225 Posts
14 Paces?! I'm not dueling with you! :D

Nice shooting...I really want to get that particular model of crummy gun. ;)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Just throw that "junk" this way, I'll make sure it's taken care of...................................hehehe

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just throw that "junk" this way, I'll make sure it's taken care of...................................hehehe
O,but I could not tax my conscience by pawning off this dreadful piece on someone else!

·
Super Moderator
21,709 Posts
I agree first pic 4 yards from the draw. Guns closest to holes were the ones shot. I did use my XD-9 but that's my go to gun for all the right reasons. But the head shots were by my PT1911 and throat my M85. The next target is on the draw at 7 yards with my to most accurate guns that I carry.

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If there's another handgun that shoots any more accurately or reliably than the PT92/PT99, I'd like to own one!

Wait! I recently acquired a pistol that equals the PT92 / PT99 in supreme accuracy and reliability; it's the venerable Taurus PT100!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks! I've been thinking of getting into 1911s after I get to know my Mosin better. I was thinking of going with a more traditional 1911 make like a Springfield. But now you've got me thinking back to making it another Taurus in the collection (6th). BTW, One of my favorite bar keeps is Army Reserve and a hard core 1911 guru owning several Caspian (?) based custom models. Surprisingly, he really likes the Taurus 1911s and says go get one as a first 1911 to own and take it from there if I really get into them.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I always let my Taurus do the talking at the range. It shuts them up quickly.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Like others I let mine speak for themselves as well.

Good shooting!

·
22,058 Posts
I have posted about my PT92 several times so one more won't hurt.

My piece of junk is over 25 years old with a very high round count. It finished it's active
life in Steel Challenge matches adding to an already insane round count. Sure enough after
tens of thousands of rounds the piece of junk broke.

The little tip on the trigger bar had broken off. I can't believe after just twenty something years
and thousands of bullets it broke. Piece of crap cost me 10 bucks to fix.

I will say this it still shoots as reliably and as accurate as the day I paid $300 bucks for it with an
extra mag and a box of ammo. One of the best $300 bucks I ever spent on a gun and I have spent a lot.

·
Registered
24,850 Posts
I think you will find that Taurus haters around here are rare and when they do show up, are frowned upon.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Some really nice pistols and good shooters too! Fun thread to read.

That PT 92 AR speaks to me...methinks that AR stands for Arkansas. ;)

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
I don't worry about the haters. I don't care what they think. I don't argue with them. I mean, after all, never argue with an idiot. People watching are hard pressed to figure out who is the idiot and who is not. My main carry gun is a PT145MilPro. My choice, my gun, my life. I refuse to justify my choices to people who make theirs based upon third party innuendo.

Nice gun, nice targets. Great choice. It works for you, and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Some really nice pistols and good shooters too! Fun thread to read.

That PT 92 AR speaks to me...methinks that AR stands for Arkansas. ;)
I tell everyone it stands for "All right" And I say it in Quagmires voice from Family Guy, usually right after I reel in the target.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts