Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to check on my hunting cabin to find it had been broken in to, happily there was nothing of real value in there. I called my local police dept and they showed up 5 minuets later. The officers got out of their car and I handed them my drivers licence and CPL and informed them I was armed. The cops just looked at my CPL handed it back and thanked me for informing them I had a firearm. And that's was the extent me being armed was disscussed. They looked around took some pics shook my hand wished me a merry christmas and were om their way. I did not expect a issue about me having my judge on me but with all the bad things that get put out their about cops lately I thought I would share a good interaction with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well done. Another thing that I have found myself doing is I have received two calls in the last couple of months while we have been out of the house that the security alarm had gone off and do I want the local PD notified. Both times I have said yes and that I will be on scene win approx. 10 minutes or so and to please notify dispatch that the home owner drives a (then give vehicle description) has a TX CHL and is currently carrying a firearm.

One time they got here and check the house and left before I arrived. The other time they greeted me in the driveway said that they appreciated the vehicle description and heads up on the CHL, then offered to do a room to room search even though there was no sign of entry.

Am I required to give this information....No, but I do feel safer when everyone is all on the same wave length.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Always good to hear it. I believe there is always more people with common sense than the knuckleheads.

Reactions: RobbK

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very good.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Thanks for posting this positive experience and being a proactive responsible gun owner.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Sounds like it went just like it should have. Sorry about the cabin.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
seems to me that police should pretty much not have to worry when the one who is carrying, legally, is the one who calls the police in the first place. If something were to go down after their arrival, then you would be another good guy with a gun, not a bad thing to have around.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
RobbK,

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

You are a good role model for the rest of us who carry.:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts