Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I liked the whole white lettering with the fingernail polish on my 809c so of course I had to do it to my pt111 in FDE. This is the great thing about taurus' you can do stuff to em and nobody cares. Ever see someone paint a Kimber? Nope. So anyway, I found the perfect nail polish 090 Golden Edge at Wally world. Ladies were lookin at me funny and for a minute I thought they might call the cops but no problems.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Actually, pretty cool! Most of my favorite pistols are stainless, though. I'm sure they make black nail polish for the goths....

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I like it a lot. I did mine with crayons to experiment before I get crazy both the G2 and the XDS look good (IMO) look good with the hilites. Guess its time to getRdone :)

Reactions: Sekol

·
Banned
2,474 Posts
I liked the whole white lettering with the fingernail polish on my 809c so of course I had to do it to my pt111 in FDE. This is the great thing about taurus' you can do stuff to em and nobody cares. Ever see someone paint a Kimber? Nope. So anyway, I found the perfect nail polish 090 Golden Edge at Wally world. Ladies were lookin at me funny and for a minute I thought they might call the cops but no problems.

You better hope the warden don't find out you used her fav nail polish.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I am not a 'paint my gun' kinda guy. Never really saw the reason or purpose. But I must admit, that one looks really good!

Reactions: Silverbullit

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Nice job, looks great.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm also not really into color fill but, dang it! I like that! Nice job on a good lookin' piece!

Reactions: Silverbullit

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
That looks good! Great job!

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Nice job, looks good.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Goofyfoot2001 wrote:
This is the great thing about taurus' you can do stuff to em and nobody cares. ... I found the perfect nail polish 090 Golden Edge at Wally world. Ladies were lookin at me funny and for a minute I thought they might call the cops but no problems.
Looks great. And you are correct, the color seems to be a very good match. Thanks for sharing.

How did you wipe off any excess?

I use fingernail polish to "seal" primers in place. It's more cosmetic than functional. When I first started doing it, I would have my girlfriend buy the nail polish for me. Nowadays, I just pick it up at the dollar store and let the lady at the check-out think whatever she wants.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Lots of work for something that's going to get ruined the first time Hoppe's touches it. Of course Hoppe's will ruin your nails at the same time. :D :icon_ poke: :D

It does look good, though.

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
Very very Nice Color fill job! :cool: Looks Great with the FDE frame.
Looks alot like the recent colorfill job I did on my PT709, which I have yet to take pics of.

I've been using mostly the "Sally Hansen" brand Nail Polishes for Color Fill on my Firearms. Below is how my TriStar/Canik T120 turned out with their Gold.

Tristar/Canik T120. 9mm Alloy Frame Cz Clone. Shown here with Hogue Cz75 wrap around finger groove grips

For my next color fill project, I'm going to try the Sally Hansen Babe Blue, which is a very light Blue, on my SAR B6P and K2P pistols.
I wanted a more subdued color for them, as the SAR Pistols tend to have very large lettering, and a lot of it.
I may not fill all of it on the SAR Pistols.

Have gotten a few apprehensive looks from sales girls, but let them wonder!

Reactions: PT99AF

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I did mine nearly the same color.....except I used spray paint:

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

"Dark Taupe" from Wal-Mart. I sprayed some in the cap, dabbed it in the recessed lettering on the slide, and wiped off the excess with carburetor cleaner and a paper towel.

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 20 of 23 Posts