Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a couple of these Pelican cases laying around for some time now as part of some old game camera projects with which I used to tinker. Tonight, I decided to see how well the PT145 fits in the Pelican.

I think it worked out quite well. I could probably get a box of 50 rounds underneath the all of this to complete the package.

Whadya think?

·
Administrator
40,672 Posts
:thumb: :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,943 Posts
Great project looks like a camaera case just what you want the BG to think. super job

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
I'd even think about finding a "Sony" label and putting it in the smaller rectangle - complete the illusion......

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Pelican makes the best cases on the market. Shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice job! Maybe I'll get my old camcorder case out and try that. Those old camcorders were so big, I think I could fit 3 or 4 pistols in one case. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice set up.

Ditch the Sony sticker idea. Ya don't want the BG to think he can get some sweet electronics now do ya???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used one of those extending box cutters that have the blades you can snap off as you go. I laid the gun on the foam and traced it with a Sharpie. I then cut to depth and pulled the foam out. Quite simple.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
GEEZ !! I just checked on the Pelican cases.....I didn't realize that they were that expensive !! But they look like they are the Cadillac of cases.......

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
GEEZ !! I just checked on the Pelican cases.....I didn't realize that they were that expensive !! But they look like they are the Cadillac of cases.......
More like the Bentley or Rolls Royce.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
No doubt....but hey, waterproof, shockproof, everything proof....top of the line has it's price.....it's the Sig Sauer of cases LOL

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have a few cases made by Pelican when I travel back to NYC. They are ridiculously durable.

As far as the Sig Sauer comment....I wouldn't say they were shockproof, waterproof, and everything proof. I've seen many Sig P226 and P229's fail where my Glock 19 kept going and going and going.....but that's another thread. ;)

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Yes, you're right - I guess Ruger would be the closest thing to the energizer bunny, except they don't cost all that much......but they do keep on going, and going, and going......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try looking at a Dosko Sport case (AKA Doskocil). I have a buddy that gave me 2 of these cases and they are tough. They are waterproof, air tight, dust proof, and very sturdy...and less expensive than Pelican. I use mine as my range case. The other one I am using to transport microphones and other sound equipment.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah Dosko is making a very similar case as far as size goes to the pelican shown at the beginning of this thread. I think they're only about $18.00 at Academy Sports.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts