Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
​Say hello to the latest innovation from Taurus. The 85 has been around for a long time and has proven it's abilities over and over. It makes a great pocket pistol or a small carry package inside the belt. Many folks that carry concealed prefer a "bobbed hammer" to a conventional hammer. But, the bobbed hammer makes target practice at the range all double action. The good folks at Taurus have come up with solution that some of you may find helpful in solving this dilemma. Taurus has introduced the 85C. This is a convertible hammer revolver in .38 Special. The hammer spur is removable. It has a cam lock fastener that allows the hammer spur to be removed for carry, and reinserted for the range! Otherwise the revolver is the same as ever: 5 Rounds, 21 oz., 1:16.5 Rate of Twist, 2" Barrel, 4.28" Height, and 1.346" width. Action is DA/SA, fixed sights, 6 grooves, includes the Taurus Security System/Transfer Bar, and has a MSRP or $386. It comes in Blue finish, 38 Special +P Rated, with rubber grips. It is available now through your favorite Taurus dealer!

I have not had the opportunity to test one of these, but I thought our members might like a good look at this new release from Taurus!

Bob Cade

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Pretty interesting.

·
Administrator
35,310 Posts
I like it ! I owned a 85c back in the 90's, and while it was a good gun, I like this concept much better. I may have to try to get one of these !

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
When you think of ingenuity and innovation in the realm of handguns, you have to admit that Taurus is leading the industry! :rating10:

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
Yep, I'll bet S & W is p.o.ed they didn't think of this. May have one in my future!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
That is such a simple idea and I love it! I am really surprised no one had put this design
out before. Kudos to Taurus for developing this concept and hopefully, they will sell well.

·
22,316 Posts
GREAT idea! Although the idea of always shooting it one way at the range and another way for defensive carry doesn't thrill me, but you can still practice DA shots at the range whether the spur is on or off.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Yep, I'll bet S & W is p.o.ed they didn't think of this. May have one in my future!
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll copy it soon enough. Then all the S&W fanboys will scream that they did it better and all Taurus guns are junk.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I wonder if Taurus will sell me just the hammer so I can switch the one on my M85ul out?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll copy it soon enough. Then all the S&W fanboys will scream that they did it better and all Taurus guns are junk.
That sounds about right.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
So does this just lock in by twisting it? How hard is it to twist? What happens if you are cocking it and only touch the right side of the hammer? Will it twist? I'm not sure I like it. But I may be a bit biased because I don't see the point in a hammerless revolver. I've never snagged mine so I don't know.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Anyone else notice the new grips on the 85 in the Taurus 2015 Catalog??

1 - 20 of 56 Posts