Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow. This is one of Taurus' best kept secrets. I got a new one. I've bought a lot of handguns this past several years and this is the first one that came out of the box without needing a break in period for me or the gun. It is also very accurate. I am looking forward to working with this gun.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
All I can say is wow. This is one of Taurus' best kept secrets. I got a new one. I've bought a lot of handguns this past several years and this is the first one that came out of the box without needing a break in period for me or the gun. It is also very accurate. I am looking forward to working with this gun.
Yes, they are that good.

·
Super Moderator
40,324 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol...I really like mine!

Reactions: DDDWho

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Crappy picture- Sorry- but here' my PT92 with its little brother PT58...

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Starting pistol

·
Registered
37,586 Posts
Ahh, its really not a well kept secret, its been in production from about 1983-4??
they even made an adjustable sight version (model 99) and a 40 cal. up to a couple years ago (model 100-101).
Mines a 1987 model and has served me well.
it even runs flawlessly after I dropped it in a bucket of multi color paint while painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
My PT92C goes with every trip to the range. Just put about 100 rounds thru it yesterday.

Reactions: Quade and Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I love the gun. I put its reliability right up there with the 1911 of which I have two.

·
Registered
17,795 Posts
Congratulations on the PT92. I own two PT92afs, two PT99afs, two PT58ss, a PT917, a PT100ss, a couple spare slide/barrel assemblies, and a .22LR conversion. Nice shooting and very sexy guns. It's easy to see why that style is so popular in movies.

Reactions: DDDWho and kmw1954

·
Administrator
18,829 Posts
Congratulations on your new PT92 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

My PT92, bought new in July 1992, has served me very well over the years, and continues to do so!

Taurus PT92 with Pachmayr Grip and Ghost Ring Rear Sight

Reactions: kmw1954

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I like what I see so far. I carried a Beretta 96 for four years with one of the police departments I worked for. I was proficent, but never really mastered it. It also tended to have feed issues. Wanting another crack at that style of gun, I also wanted a higher capacity handgun to go with my AR for the remote possibility of an WROL situation. The CZ75 was out of my price range, and I was leaning towards the Beretta 92, but I kept coming across reviewers who prefered the Taurus 92 over the Beretta. A FFL knew I was interested and saved one for me. Like I said, it was good to go straight out of the box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.