Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered the Taurus Armed forum about a week ago, right after purchasing my handgun, and I've been browsing through it since. I've been impressed by both the level of knowledge here and the helpful/respectful attitudes of the members in their posts and replies. I'd like to say thanks for the helpful information I've already found here, and also thanks in advance for information I'm sure to find in the future.

I've never owned a handgun in the past, although I had a standard issue 45 sidearm during the late 80s while serving in the US Army prior to the military move to the 9mm. That was my point of reference when I finally decided to make my purchase, and when the salesman showed me the Millennium Pro PT140, I immediately loved the appearance and form factor. The fact that it fell under my $400 budget was a big plus too. I haven't taken it to the firing range yet, but am looking forward to it. I'm planning to first pick up some snap-caps and a magazine loader (I picked up a box of 50 rounds this weekend, and almost couldn't get the last two rounds into the spare magazine!).

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
A warm welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma. You are now a
member of the Best Of The Best! ;D

·
Administrator
39,354 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Welcome from MN. Check out the MagLula speedloader. It costs more than some loaders but is IMHO the best on the market.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paulrabe78 said:
Welcome from MN. Check out the MagLula speedloader. It costs more than some loaders but is IMHO the best on the market.
Thanks, that is exactly what I plan to get. If my local dealer doesn't carry it (I'll find out tomorrow), I'll go the Ebay route.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome From Arizona...David :wave:
Glad that you are here..look around and have fun ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Another big welcome from GA, out in Carroll Co myself.

Sure do appreciate your service by the way. Time to enjoy that new Taurus! :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and information.
Oh yeah, welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all for the "welcomes", and particularly tcv0825 for the "thanks" for service. (wish more young folks would give a few years).

I got my UPlula last Friday -- perfect timing for my trip to a friend's house and my first live fire with the MilPro 40 this weekend. After almost crippling myself manually loading the magazines, I was pleased as punch with the operation of this universal magazine loader. Well worth the $30+ shipping even though I've seen better deals had. My friend has a Glock loader that came with his 40 cal, and the UPlula worked much better than his.

I seemed to be about 10 inches low of center at 25-30 yards with my new Taurus, but spot on at 10-15. Since I got this as a home defense weapon, and have no rooms in my house exceeding these distances, I feel very comfortable with the accuracy of the PT140.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts