Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My middle sister got her Florida CCW last year. She mostly got it to get by the waiting period when purchasing firearms. But she has been on the hunt for a carry gun for the last several months and she had finally decided on the Sig P365XL. She has been going to gun shops on her lunch breaks and weekends talking to them and holding several different guns and getting a feel for them. I finally talked her in to going to the range with me a couple of weekends ago to try out several small 9mm options before she dropped her hard earned money. I took along a Glock 43 (not the 43X), Springfield XDs 9mm, my GX4 and I borrowed a Sig P365 from a buddy.

She was excited to get to try the Sig since she had been lusting over them for a bit. She shot it first and ultimately decided it was not what she expected. I had her try the G43 next and she said it was OK. It felt better than the Sig and was a little more accurate for her but still not in love with it. Then came the Springfield XDs. She said it was heavier than the rest and it didn't shoot as well as the others. Then I took my GX4 from my holster and cleared it. I handed it to her and gave her a magazine full of FMJ. She looked a bit puzzled at first. She said she held one at the gun shop a few days prior and she remembered it feeling much bulkier. I told her about the large backstrap that comes with them and maybe the shop had put it on for a customer to try and forgot to change it back. She loaded up and started shooting. It was love at first sight! She shot a few more mags through it and she was sold.

We talked for a bit about the best prices around here and a little bit about holsters and accessories. She was very glad she hadn't bought the Sig and was going to shop around a bit. Well this morning at work I had a little down time and was browsing a local gun forum when I saw a gently use GX4 with a kydex IWB holster for $320. Around here that is a screaming deal. New are $425-450 +tax and the only two used ones I've seen were $350 +tax. I texted the seller to set up a time and place and the deal was done. I sent a picture to my sister and told her what I paid for it. She was very excited and surprised at the price I got it for. When I got home from work I changed the crappy plastic clip on the holster to a nice metal clip from Discrete Carry Concepts and told her she can pick it up whenever she's ready. She's planning on coming to get it this weekend and will be heading straight to the range to try it out. LoL Now my youngest sister has put in a request for my Springfield XDs.....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
209 Posts
I dropped my Sig P365-380’s FCU into a Wilson Combat grip frame and it changed my whole feelings toward the pistol! Sad that Taurus brings out adjustable back straps and Sig doesn’t. My GX4 is the reason I don’t have a 9mm P365. Just can’t justify it when a pistol half it’s price takes Glock sights and adjustable back-straps. She choose wisely.
Lefty

·
Registered
950 Posts
I dropped my Sig P365-380’s FCU into a Wilson Combat grip frame and it changed my whole feelings toward the pistol! Sad that Taurus brings out adjustable back straps and Sig doesn’t. My GX4 is the reason I don’t have a 9mm P365. Just can’t justify it when a pistol half it’s price takes Glock sights and adjustable back-straps. She choose wisely.
Lefty
I still prefer my P365 and P365XL. I have 2 GX4s and 13 Gen 4 Glocks. The backstraps were never a selling point for me on any of them. I really wanted my wife to like the P365-380, but she handled one today. I found the slide to be noticeable lighter and she could manage the slide, but just barely. I think it's a great option, just didn't work out for my wife. I think Taurus could have some success with a GX4 in .380.

·
Banned
209 Posts
I still prefer my P365 and P365XL. I have 2 GX4s and 13 Gen 4 Glocks. The backstraps were never a selling point for me on any of them. I really wanted my wife to like the P365-380, but she handled one today. I found the slide to be noticeable lighter and she could manage the slide, but just barely. I think it's a great option, just didn't work out for my wife. I think Taurus could have some success with a GX4 in .380.
Preaching to the choir on that! I’m for anything that is small yet holds 11 rounds to be in 380.

I will be honest, if I didn’t have an almost $300 shoulder holster for the P365 I wouldn’t keep one around.

My GX4 replaced my P365 in 9mm. I’m not ashamed of that! Hell, I had to drop $70 in a grip module for my 380 P365 to be able to shoot it and another $100 for decent sights.

Hard to find the right holster for my GX4 though. On Your 6 has a nice OWB, not as nice as JMCK OBW, but half the price and it does lay pretty flat. I did go with Muddy Rivers for an IWB holster for it.

I will say the EZ380 from SW is the easiest racking slide I have felt. Nice shooter also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts