Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprise!

Carcano, I think a 91/38 or something...I'm not sure. Maybe one of the more learned members here can shed some light on her. She's in 6.5x52mm, and came with three en bloc clips and I picked up a cheapy black nylon web sling for her. I figure, what the heck, it'll be a good knock-around and hog rifle. I had the pleasure of shooting her before I picked her up, and she's a real nice girl. Light recoil, yet ferocious bark, I love it. Have some more pictures of the various markings and such.

ONLY spot of concern I have, there is about an inch-long crack at the wrist of the stock, underneath where your hand would rest. I conferred with my gunsmith and he reassured me that since the recoil is so light(He had another one for sale and loves the Carcanos so much he has a few in his personal collection), that it would be of no consequence.

All in all? I like it. Cheap, looks good, rather nice trigger for a mil-surp, though the safety will take some getting used to.

Not bad for $250, eh?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Not sure why the Carcanos got such a bad rep, probably Lee Harvey. Enjoy your purchase, you may have to reload to afford to shoot it though.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Interesting! Can you get ammo for it?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congratulations nice rifle. If only they could talk.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I can get ammo for it, the gunsmith I bought it from is an avid Carcano fan, and he makes sure to keep several brands in stock, from the cheaper PPU plinking ammo to the nice Hornady hunting loads.

Reactions: chicharrones
1 - 7 of 7 Posts